Chapter 10 ( what are you doing here?😕)

(A/N:- Hey guys, I know it's been long since I last updated but late is better than never , right?
So enjoy!)

Ember's POV:-

Punch!
Jab!
Kick!
Kick!
Kick!
Punch!
Right hook!!
Left hook!!
Roundhouse!!!

I quit when the bag falls from the chains I check the time it was 1 in the morning. After I left the engagement I came here, at my hideout. This is an old abandoned building near cemetery. I found this place long back when I came to visit my mom and since then I come here to box and to release stress. As I have been engaged with Ace I have to live with him and after snapping at gemma I don't want to face her or anyone and everyone will be at his place. I regret snapping at her she didn't knew anything. After 3 years we met and I ruined it. She only helped me every time when I was scared, she helped me to become who I am today and I let out my anger on her. Now I have to make it up to her. And I know she will force me to go to that trip. Well, I will think about it later I am too tired and I just want to go in a deep slumber.
I went back took a hot shower and changed into a white tank top and black short shorts and finally laid down on my bed. I know I won't be able to sleep for long because of my nightmares but a little sleep is required.
"Em, run a..way. Don't wo..rry about me " She said breathless.
" No mom, I will not go anywhere without you. Nothing will happen to you." I sobbed .she was oozing with blood, lying there with her head in my lap while sobbed holding her.
" N-no babygirl listen to me. You have to go and keep ash safe. She should be safe , you have to save her. I know I won't be able to make it. " She said " Promise me you will take care of your sister"
" I promise mom, I will keep her safe always but please stay mom please please stay. " I said crying.
" I can't but remember that i love you and always will " She said breathing hardly. She was breathing heavily she wanted to say something but she couldn't. She was trying hard to keep her eyes open but slowly her eyes closed and she stopped breathing.
" Mom" I screamed.
--

I woke up sweating and with    dry throat and then realized that it was only a nightmare. again
It was 6 in the morning I went in my walk in closet where all my clothes are arranged. Our things were already here since now we have to live here.
Fan-f*cking-tastic
I thought. I took any random  red top and white shorts coz I ain't going anywhere today.
After I took a nice 1 hour shower I went downstairs and saw ash and gem talking or more like gem gushing about something and Ace and Ryan were watching some game on TVbut I simply ignored them and made my way to the  kitchen. Martha gave us a tour of the house a day before so I know my way around here. Oh and Martha is the caretaker of this place, A kind sweet lady in her fifty's.

I was about to enter the kitchen when I heard someone shouting my name.
"Em!" "Em!! " I went back towards the living room where everyone was and suddenly someone took me in their embrace and I became stiff, I was feeling suffocated. I can't handle much physical contacts after that incident.
I took a sharp shaky breath and pushed away the body from me and looked at the face and I instantly recognized him. From the corner of my eye I can see Ryan's confused expression and Ace's confused eyes.
" How are you em? Did you miss me?? "Brandon asked
( A/N:- Brandon is and old friend of Ember who knows a few of her secrets but not all and he is dating gemma )
" What are you doing here? " I asked him ignoring his question.
" Ah! Still the same, ignoring me. '' He commented then continued " I am here to meet you. When gemma told me that you are here I came here with the first flight. And why you left all of sudden and didn't tell us once. You didn't even contacted us. " He said with hurt and pain in his eyes and I felt guilty seeing him.
" I..I Just couldn't . It was all too much for me " I said after a few seconds of silence " I am sorry but now you are here so I will make it up to you " My expression was blank but I feeling nauseous, being around people from my past was as if going back in past but I brushed off that feeling.
" And I know what you can do to make it up to him" Gemma piped in between before Branon could say any further.
Brandon looked confused at her while I internally groaned. It didn't took a genius to understand what she wants me to do.
" And what is that, cupcake? " Brandon asked gem and mine head snapped towards him.
"Are you two..? " Ash trailed off in between seeing gem blush.
" Ah yeah " Brandon said slowly scratching the back of his neck and his ears were turned slightly pink.
"What the hell? " Ace growled " Since when do you have a boyfriend gemma? "
" Oh come on Ace don't act all big I am just few months younger than you. And it's been a month dating us. " Gem said.
" Ok listen here Brandon " I said diverting attention towards me " You might be my friend but if you hurt gem then I will make sure that you can never make babies." I threatened him with a deathly glare and cold voice and Brandon looked terrified. Ace and Ryan looked shocked because they have never seen me like this. At school I am not threatening everyone like this because I don't want them to be scared of me. I just want they should not emotionally associate with me.
And now when I have to live with these two I want them to know that I am not someone who they can boss around.
" And mind you she is not joking and  even I will help her if I have to. " Ash said nonchalantly bringing me out of my trance.
" I know guys I will never hurt her and there is no need to worry for this . " Brandon said.
" You better " I said walking back in the kitchen.
" Wait em " Gem said from behind. I stopped and cocked my head towards a side signaling her to continue.
" You are coming with us to the trip so you can catch up with me and Brandon " Gem said and I sighed.
There is no way I can escape this now.
" Alright " I muttered and went to kitchen and this time without anyone stopping me and finally meeting my love of life .......
Pancakes .
What? I love pancakes.