◆16◆ Dream and Reality

Todoroki was waiting with Endeavor, both of them were waiting for the doctor and nurses to look at Michiyo, who had woke up with injuries after getting injured in her own dream. 

'She told me someone was attacking her in her dream. Who? Is this the work of someone else's Quirk?' He closed his eyes, leaning his face down on his clasped hands; he failed to protect her when he promised to protect her.

Endeavor looked at his son once before he crossed his arms and closed his eyes, "Michiyo is a strong girl. She won't go down this easily." 

Todoroki opened his eyes and he looked at his father. Was he trying to comfort him at this unbearable time? 

"Michiyo will be fine." 

"...right." He tried to have nothing to do with his father unless it's related to Hero stuff, but he couldn't deny he needed some sort of assurance. 

Michiyo was bandaged and she was okay to leave the room. The doctor informed her that the injuries were not too deep that it would leave a scar on her body. 

"Thank you, doctor." 

"No problem. From what you are telling me, it seems it might be a work of someone's quirk."  

She had thought so too. Still, she wondered what Quirk it could have been to have such power to hurt someone in their dream and making it into a reality. She was worried because whoever attacked her had the ability to break through diamonds. The enemy was strong. 

When she left the room, Todoroki walked up to her and held her hands, "Are you okay?" 

"Hm. I'm sorry for worrying you." 

Todoroki looked worried about her, she could only guess he felt powerless. "Shouto, I will be okay." 

"Michiyo..." 

"I promised you, didn't I? I will become stronger and overcome everything coming my way. It will be okay." 

Hearing her say that, it did put him at peace. She was right, worrying too much will not help. He smiled at her, "Let's go home." 

...

Once home, Endeavor suggested the two of them to go back to sleep as he needed to go to his Hero Agency and make a report on this as it could be a potential enemy nearby causing this. 

"I'll go back to sleep." 

"Michiyo, wait." He held her hand, stopping her from walking to her own room. "Can we sleep together?" 

"Eh-EH?!" She blushed harshly at his request! "S-Shouto?!" 

"Please." He looked very serious about it. 

"Shouto...are you thinking you will lose me if I go back to sleep again?" 

Todoroki looked to the side, "I feel like if I hold you close to me, I'll be able to feel more at ease. Can I hold you close to me? Let me feel like I can protect you, Michiyo." 

She nodded with an understanding smile, "My room or your room?" 

And that night, Michiyo was able to have a peaceful night as she slept in the arms of the person who cherished her...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, Michiyo and Todoroki left the Todoroki abode to begin their new life at the U.A. dorms. They will live at different buildings but they will be well protected from potential villain attacks.