Last Call To My Best Friend

"There we go." Bill said as he finished up patching my forehead. I saw his right hand as he finished.

"Bill. Your hand! Your scars back too!" I said.

"Y-Yeah." He stuttered. He and I just looked at each other.

"Billy. When's the last time you stuttered?" I asked.

"24 years ago." He told me. "You?"

"S-same." I stuttered. We just looked at each other. That's when my phone rang, I went over to it. It was Stanley. "Hey Stan." I said when I picked up the phone.

"Hey Bree." He sounded different, he sounded scared.

"S-so I assume y-y-you got the call from M-Mike?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said, realizing that I had stuttered, bringing him back some memories. "Are you going?" He asked.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked him.

"I don't know yet." He told me.

"Come on! It'll be fun! I'll get to see you again. It'll be like when we were kids." I said.

"Yeah, I know Bree. But my wife and all. I don't know yet." He said.

"Well, I hope to see you there bestie." I said.

"Yeah, hopefully bestie." He said. I felt that something was really off.

"I love you Stanley Uris." I told him.

"I love you too Briana Denbrough." He said, then hung up. I started to cry.

"Bree, what's wrong?" He asked.

"It's Stanley." I told him. "I think somethings wrong with him, I'm scared." I told him.

"Hey, he'll be fine. This is Stanley Uris we're talking about okay. He'll be just fine." Bill said, wiping away one of my tears.

"So, did you tell Audra?" I asked.

"I tried to." He told me. "She didn't completely get it."

"And, why did you show up here exactly?" I asked him, now just wondering what had brought him to my house.

"Well, your security cameras that are in your house, alert me if something bad is happening. I texted and called you about it. You didn't answer or pick up so I came rushing here."

"Oh, that's a good thing." I said. Then my phone rang.

"Is that Stanley?" He asked.

"No, it's Bev." Once again, I got a confused look from Bill. "Beverly Mar- I mean, Rogan." I corrected myself. The urge to call her Beverly Marsh was so strong. I then picked up the phone. "Hey Bev." I said.

"Bree, I just walked out." She said.

"What?" I didn't understand.

"I beat the shit out of Tom, and walked out." She said.

"OH MY GOD!" I yelled. Bill looked at me. "Good for you!"

"Yeah, except for I don't have money or clothes." She said.

"Oh, do you want me to pay pal you cash?" I asked her.

"No, I'm headed to the bank to take money out of our account before Tom freezes it." She said.

"Are you coming?" I asked.

"Yeah, tomorrow." She told me.

"Should I pack extra clothes for you?" I asked.

"Yeah, that would be nice." She said.

"Okay. I'm so proud of you! But I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I asked.

"Yup see you tomorrow, bye." She said.

"Yup, bye." Then I hung up. "Never mind, it's Beverly Marsh." I told him. He gave me another confused look. "Bill, I know your confused, but that face, really starting to weird me out." I told him. "Anyways, you should probably spend the rest of the time you have here with Audra." I told him.

"Yeah. Are you sure your okay?" He asked. I thought to myself for a second.

"No, I'm not okay." I told him truthfully, "I'm not okay. But, I'll be fine." I told him. He nodded. We both went in for a hug. When we pulled away, he left. I ran upstairs and started to pack. Tomorrow, I was going back to Derry.