Take it all

"And what is it that I supposedly did this time?" I ask her slamming the door behind me.

"You know perfectly well what you did." She replies equally frustrated.

"I do not, Gabby. If this is about the touring, we went over this. I'm a musician, it's part of the job." I say sitting on the bed looking up at her.

"Your leaving again!" She yells.

"Gabby-" I start.

"No, Jack. Let me speak. You keep leaving and coming back. I feel like I barley know you! And we have a child! I can't do this on my own!" She says pacing across the room.

"Gabby, I'm sorry. It's apart of my job and I love my job." I say standing to stop her pacing. "I love you." I cup her face and a tears run down her face.

"Jack, I was a teenager and now I'm a mom. But I feel like a single mom. I've been thinking about this for a while now and I know what I need to do."

"Gabby, you can't. Lavender needs you. I, I need you." I plead with her, knowing what her next words are.

"Maybe you should have been around more." She says pulling away from my hand that was on her face. "I'm leaving and you can take care of Lavender. I need time to go be a teenager before I commit."

"BUT YOU ALREADY HAVE!" I yell. Lavender starts crying and we both look to the door.

"I'll visit on occasion, but I can't be an adult anymore." Gabby says. She looks at me with a soft and sorrowful expression as she leaves. I hear the front door to the house close and I head to Lavender in disbelief to what just happened. "Hush little baby go to sleep, daddy's gonna buy you a mocking bird." I sing and rock Lavender. Once she falls back asleep I step out into the back yard and text on the group chat:

Guys, Gabby left me and Lavender. She was tired of being an adult and left. I don't know what to do. I know it's our month off, but I don't know who else to call...

My phone starts blowing up with everyone telling me that they'll be here soon.

*15 minutes later*

The guys show up and I explain what happened and break down into tears.

"Jack, we've got your back." Daniel says putting his hand on my shoulder.

"We'll be the greatest five dads to rule the world!" Zach says sitting next me.

"I don't know what I'd do without you guys." I say wiping a tear away.

"Die." Corbyn replies with a shrug and grin. We all sit their smiling at one another.

"Can we stop trying to be manly for a second and hug?" Jonah says standing up. We all stand, nod and laughing in agreement. We get into a big group hug. "Your family, and we'd do anything for family."