Chapter 6

A L M I R A

Prologue
Almira Davenport

Were they talking about me? Do they know I'm that special hybrid?

Oh my Goddess.

They finally stopped chatting and walked back out. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and got out of the closet. I looked around and quickly ran back to the room, hiding the bag under the bed. I sighed and sat down on the bed.

I'm closer, I can feel it, but I have so many questions. The door creaked open and I looked up at who came in. Nobody was there. I got off the bed and walked over to it, opening it and looking around. Nobody was in sight.

Odd.

I turned around and was met with a tall hooded figure with his finger over his lips. I wanted to scream but I didn't know what would be worse: using this as an escape plan or possibly dying again?

He nodded slowly and put down his finger before pointing to the bed. I walked over to the bed and sat down, both scared and curious. What was he doing?

I looked at him curiously before he stuck his hand out to me. I looked at his hand and put mine in his. He pulled me up quickly and knocked me out.

~-~

I woke up in a pretty, little, decorated room. I sat up and removed the sheets from my body and got
up, walking out of the door. I stepped outside and was met by a guard.

"Oh, hi there," I mumbled, rubbing my neck.

"You're awake," He murmured.

"You know, this gives me serious deja vu vibes from when I met my mate," I laughed.

"Your mate? Calix West, correct?" He asked, standing up straighter.

"Uh... Yeah, I guess."

"Let me put it this way, our leader is what we call our Lord. Lord Wryler has a bit of a grudge against your mate, and now one against Alastor for hogging the prize all to himself. Nothing will happen to you unless Calix doesn't comply to our wishes." He explained, handing me a brown bag.

It was the bag I hid under Alastor's bed before I was knocked out. It had the spell books, but I don't have the key. "Thanks for the bag..."

My head hurt trying to process everything. It all happened so quickly. This is like the third time I've been kidnapped this week!

I closed the door and leaned against it, holding my head in my hands. Tears raced down my cheeks, my breath becoming erratic. This is all his fault. Every bit of it. If he wasn't such an asshole in the first place, I wouldn't have to deal with not wanting to be around him and trying to escape him in the first place! If he weren't an asshole, I wouldn't have to deal with his enemies and being used as leverage all the time.

I continued to cry and grew angrier with each thought of Calix. I despised that man. He didn't want me as a mate? That's fine, so be it. I hate you, Calix West, I hate you with everything in me.

I stood up and set the bag on the table, pulling out the spell books. I don't know the first thing about how hexes and curses and everything in that area worked, I just knew that I was a normal kid who loved to play with water and flowers. Hell, I baked dirt pies and made icing out of flower petals.

Focus. You need to focus. Find a library and find something about hexing. Play along with their tales until you can get back to Alastor's castle to get the key. Once I get the key, all I have to do is unlock the spell book and undo everything.