Chapter 27

A L M I R A

Chapter 27
Almira Davenport

"Mira!" Ambrielle squealed, running up to me.

"Something wrong, Bri?" I asked, looking at her with a concerned look.

"No, quite the opposite actually. Ashli and Ryker are coming back today!" She smiled. "Oh, I've missed my baby!"

I looked at her and sighed, grinning. "You had me worried there for a second."

"Also, Calix wants you in his office," She noted, turning around.

"Awh man, today way my day off!" I whined. I walked to Calix's office, knocking on the door before stepping inside. "Ambrielle said you wanted to see me?"

Calix looked up at me, nodding. "I did. She most likely told you, but Ashli and Ryker are coming back today. They deserve a warm welcome home, so I was hoping you'd help me set it up."

I smiled. "Of course I will," I agreed. "On one condition."

"Are you in any place to make a condition?" He smirked, leaning forward.

"I am if you truly need my help," I taunted, smirking right back at him.

"Okay, fine. What's this condition?" He rolled his eyes, looking back at me.

"You have to help with whatever I ask."

"That's not that big of a condition. Alright then," He nodded. "Deal."

I cheered and grabbed his hand. "We don't have all day, c'mon!"

I lead him through the halls and we ended up in the kitchen. I grabbed a couple pans and pots, shooed the maids and butlers off, and started working my magic. "We're going to cook them an original dinner. The cooks are taking today off," I started, gathering the ingredients. "Chop this dough up and put it in the boiling water, then go to the other pot and put those vegetables in the other pot."

Calix gave me the side eye before doing as I said while I walked away to grab more stuff. I brought back enough bread for everybody to eat that I got on my last trip into the town.

"What's the point of doing it on our own when we have cooks to do it?" Calix complained, looking at me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "It's a nice gesture for Ashli and Ryker and the cooks. They fix us stuff all the time, give them a break once in a while."

Calix nodded. "I suppose you have a point."

"Oh, I know I do," I smirked, sliding the bread onto the dining table. We had small talk while cooking and before you know it, the food was done.

"So, what do we do now?" Calix questioned, turning to me.

"We decorate a little bit and then wait for their arrival. Also, you are so changing out of that," I replied.

Calix looked at his clothes and then back at me. "What's wrong with this?" He retorted, fixing his collar.

"You're too fancy for a welcome home. This isn't a ball, Calix. C'mon, I'll have the maids take your measurements and then we'll continue with our plans."

Calix huffed and crossed his arms, pouting like a little kid. I snickered and lead him to the tailoring room. The maids bowed their heads before standing up. "You're majesty, what brings you here? Shouldn't you be preparing for Sir Ryker and Lady Ashli?"

Calix nodded at them before glancing at me. "Someone thinks this outfit is too fancy for a welcome home, so she sent me here to get measurements for something else."