Chapter 49

A L M I R A

Chapter 49
Almira West

We moved to the reception and took a couple minutes to compose ourselves before socializing with everyone else. I looked at Calix, grinning. "We did it!"

He looked down at me, smiling. "We did!"

"I have to change to the reception dress now," I commented, letting go of his hand.

"I'll be in there waiting for you, don't be too long," He teased, kissing my forehead before walking out. Ambrielle walked in behind him and smiled. "You did it! You're married now!"

I smiled uncontrollably, the excitement and joy being too much to bare or conceal. "I know! Now, help men change, please."

Ambrielle laughed and unbuttoned the back, letting me step out of the dress. She put it on a hanger and buttoned it back up before getting a simple white dress that went to tie around my neck. It was sleeveless and clung to my body until after my waist, then it flowed loosely, moving in whichever direction I moved. I walked back out and made my way to Calix, stopping periodically to talk to people and thank them for the congratulations.

"So many people congratulating us," I mumbled, standing beside him as we both overlooked the crowd.

"Yeah," Calix let out a breath. "It's been pretty good so far, though."

"You look stunning, darling," Calix complimented, turning to me.

"Same to you. I mean not stunning, but handsome. Unless you want to be stun-"

Calix ended my rambling by pressing his warm lips to mine. "I know, love."

Ambrielle walked to the center of the room and clinked her glass, grabbing everyone's attention. "If I can have your attention please," she began. "I'd like to begin by thanking you all for coming to the amazing celebration of the unification of my two dearest friends. I've watched their relationship from the beginning and I've watched it evolve. I've also witnessed Calix's previous mates. This bond that they share is one I don't think I've ever seen before. It's amazing and unique. I'm extremely grateful the Goddess gave Calix the blessing of Almira. I only wish for the best for these two."

We all clapped and toasted to her speech. She sat down and Cole stood up, adjusting his suit before raising his glass. "I'm going to be honest. I didn't have much faith in these two to begin with. Almira was stubborn and persistent for a chance of her and Calix to happen, and that's when I seen this time was different. I've grew up with Calix, he's my brother, and I love him dearly. When he finally caved and gave her a chance, after her carelessly throwing herself into harm's way, I was astonished. Needless to say, I'm thankful Almira is in my brother's life. She's honestly changed him for the best."

Another toast went to Cole's speech and my heart warmed at both of their speeches. I raised my glass and pressed my lips to the glass containing my drink. Music began to play and Calix took the glass out of my hand, setting it down on the table. He held his hand out to me and I smiled, sliding my petite hand into his large one. He swept me onto the dance floor, holding my other hand out. Our bodies moved in sync with each other, gliding across the floor. Calix spun me around and dipped me, giving a heart-wrenching smiles before pulling me up and holding me closely. Calix pressed his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes.

"You wouldn't mind if I cut in, would you?"

My body froze, a chill running down my spine. No, this wasn't possible. Today was supposed to be perfect. Why was he here? Calix stopped and we both turned behind him, our gaze landing on the sickening sight of Alastor.