Chapter 8

A L M I R A

Chapter 8
Almira Davenport

We made it back to the castle and Calix practically dragged me back to his office, slamming the door shut. I knew I was in trouble, but I couldn't bring myself to know how it was my fault.

"So start from the beginning. What the hell happened?" Calix questioned, leaning back in his chair.

I began to explain everything from beginning to end. I told how Alastor had witches use magic at the festival, how Alastor treated me, all about the witches, the spell, me getting kidnapped again, the other witch, my communication spell with Ambrielle, and the guards.

By the end of it, Calix was highly pissed off, but I'm not so sure who at.

"I thought two guards were enough, but you cannot be left alone. Not after what happened," he lectured, pacing the room.

I stood up in my. hair and shook my head. "I'll be fine, it was just an accident. Cutting off festivals I can understand, but surrounding me with more people? That's unrealistic. I'll be fine!" I defended, looking at Calix. He didn't seem too fond of my words.

"Fine? You'll be fine? Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, I was worried? Maybe even scared? I could have lost you and everything I've worked for and you want to say it's fine?!" Calix roared, turning towards my direction and looking down at me.

"There you go again! It's not the fact that I'm important to you, it's your kingdom! You can't even stop for just five seconds and think about your own mate! I was kidnapped, beaten, assaulted, and punished for being your mate! Am I just going to end up like your other four mates?" I retorted, pointing a finger before realizing what I said.

"How do you know about them?" Calix slowly asked, looking at me skeptically.

"Lord Wryler told me."

The room fell silent and I just dismissed myself, heading back to my room. I was too angry with him to deal with anything right now. Why were things this way?

I heard a knock at the bedroom door and gave the okay for whoever it was to come in. Behind the door stood Ambrielle, smiling. "Glad to have you back."

"It's better than being with the likes of Wryler or Alastor. That was a total nightmare," I complained, sitting on the bed.

"Well, I'm not the only one glad to have you back, you know. Calix was mighty worried about you! His mood was about as bad as an itchy sweater!" Ambrielle grimaced, reminding herself of Calix's unpleasant company.

I laughed at her unique insult. This is why I missed being here, I missed Ambrielle's spunky attitude and quirky self. "Well, I think everyone can rest easy now that I'm back."

"You bet we can. Now what I'm wondering is how did you do that communication spell? I could have sworn to my daily doses of dingleberries your wave was blocked when I tried to reach you after you first went missing!" Ambrielle asked, sitting beside me.

"Well, it was. I couldn't communicate with you until Lord Wryler sent someone to kidnap me from Alastor, which, beats me how he knew I was there. Anyways, when I got to Wryler's, a witch took the spell off for me and then gave me ingredients to contact you. I also found a spell book at Alastor's castle in the witch's spell room. It was old, maroon and navy, and also locked." I gushed, telling her everything that I could think of.

"Do you by any chance have it?" Ambrielle questioned, thinking for a minute.

I got up and grabbed the brown bag before opening it, pulling the spell book out, and the ingredients I took. Ambrielle picked random things up and smiled. "Well I'll be an easy baking oven! You actually got the book? Look at you, become more like us every day!"