As They Wonder

A/N: Hello, I am back. ; )

÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷

A kiss is

a lovely trick

designed by

nature to stop

speech when

when words become

superfluous.

- Ingrid Bergman

÷×÷×÷×÷×÷×÷

Memories of last night replayed through his head as he desperately tried to maintain a neutral face in the common room, among the mass of his house mates.

But he couldn't help forming a small smile, could he? Last night had been fabulous. He had kissed her at last. He wondered how they fit so perfectly in each other's embrace and how their lips molded against each other.

She's the drug I am addicted to...

"Hey! Draco?", a shrill voice rang out, bringing him out of his sweet reverie.

He quickly lost the distant look in his eyes as he whipped around in his reserved seat on the sofa to see the overly happy face of Parkinson. All signs of a ghost of a smile had gone, in fact a sneer resided in its place.

"Yes?", he said in a matter of fact manner, not at all pleased with her intrusion on his beloved memories of the dark.

Blushing from cheek to cheek, she began coyly, "I was well...err... I was wondering if... If you could take me to Hogsmeade today?"

He was unfazed. He had known that's what she would ask from him. The boy-hugger she was. "No. I will not.", was his cold reply. "But Draco, you promised!", she said in her fake chirpy voice.

He didn't even raise his face from the book he was pretending to read and replied with the coldest voice he could muster. "I make no promises to anyone. Just stop trailing after me, I have no need for your unwanted attention. Shoo!", he pretended to dismiss her with a wave of his hand.

"After all these years, how dare you, Draco Lucius Malfoy!" Her face had turned a scarlet shade now. Nearby some innocent first-years got startled. Her face was so scarlet that she could have been mistaken as a Gryffindor enthusiast at a Quidditch match. "This is about that Mudblood, isn't it? I have seen how you look at her! You go after her and dare to leave me? What will daddy dearest say? I daresay he would disown you. You're no Malfoy!"

Now that, was uncalled for, he thought. His face visibly darkened. But he couldn't burst out. It would blow a hole in his usual calm and composed demeanour, for which he was known. It would also reveal his strange obsession with Granger and he really didn't want that to happen. Instead he chose the only way he, the consummate liar knew. Lying. Consummate lying.

And so he put a stone upon the dark truth and his fragile heart and proceeded to lie, all so that Parkinson wouldn't backfire on him and reach his parents about his obsession with a mudblood. That said mudblood being Harry sodding Potter's best friend. Merlin forbid that from happening, he thought uneasily or he would not only be disowned but murdered too. He tried to put the most calm expression on his face before answering the tormented as well as tormenting female in front of him. So much for an addiction.

He sighed. "How can you even think that I like that filthy little mudblood-", he cringed inwardly but nonetheless continued smoothly- "Pansy! I was just joking. But yes, I can't take you to Hogsmeade, I have pending work to do, okay? You go with Blaise, Daphne and Theo. I will go next week.", he said with an air of finality about it. He looked at her, hiding his apprehension. He inwardly shook away his anxiety. It was like him.