Chapter 23

Percy's POV

We were too late.

I watched as Sophia, heartbroken, clutched Lucy's body. Her eyes that had been slowly filling with life and happiness again, now empty and dead. Eyes were the window to the soul, my mother had once told me. I had failed to understand the meaning of this at the right time; not looking into her eyes and see how hollow they were. Maybe if we had given her more to love she wouldn't have done this.

But I knew it was foolish to believe. But I still couldn't understand her methods, Lucy had never done a selfish act, it was against her nature, it wasn't possible. And killing herself... she had left us alone... to kill Gaia.

Something moved. I saw it in the water.

"Sophia? What's that?"

Sophias tearstained face looked up at the rippling water, as a pointed trident emerged from the water. Then a firm hand clasping it, the persons knuckles turned white. Then soaking black hair, then a clenched face. All until the body of a guy with black hair chiselled and ripped body. His face looked almost like a replica of mine. His shirt was off and his eyes were closed. Sophia began whimpering.

Then the bonfire flickered to life. The flames started to form features and Taylor formed from the flames. His shirt off and eyes closed.

The trees started swaying and the branches formed three people, two of them with mid-night black hair and their eyes closed. The other looked typically like Nyssa with long brown hair and coffee coloured skin. Leo whimpered.

"My mum." He whispered, so quiet I think we weren't meant to hear.

The earth started rumbling and shaking as two golden heads started breaking through the soil. When the rest of the bodies came out, roots cracking and snapping off of them.

The seven encircled us around Lucy's body when about a dozen more, with closed eyes came out of the trees.

Then they all opened their eyes.

They boy form the lake had violet eyes. Oberon.

Taylor looked dazed with his warm brown eyes.

The girls with mid-night black hair had sea green eyes. I had no idea who they were.

Leo's mother had warm brown eyes that were flickering confused around the area.

The two girls from the ground were identical with long golden locks and warm chocolate brown eyes. Avira and Ally.

"H-how?" Annabeth asked.

"Lucy. He blood was in my cup..." I saw Leo's eyes widen as if this answered everything, but everyone except Millie, Nicole and Ash looked just as confused. "When she... died... it brought them back."

One of the girls who looked she was Mary's twin nut looked maybe in her early twenties shook her head as if she were dizzy. "Who are you? What's going on?"

"Who are you?" Sophia retorted.

"You don't know?" Annabeth asked.

Sophia shook her head.

"My name is Estraya Luna."

"And I am Lydia Luna."

Everyone still looked confused except Oberon. Who was looking pale and making a choking sound.

"Who is she?" I asked.

"Gr-grandmother." He stuttered.

Sophia's mouth dropped along with everyone else's, and I mean everyone. "You're Lucy's mother?"