interview

billie's POV

---------------

"elle wake up love" i whisper. she groans softly and stretches. "good morning beautiful" she smiles at me and hugs me. "good morning angel" i smile and hug her back. "how'd you sleep?" i ask. "alright. i like sleeping next to you" she says and stands up from the bed. "i like sleeping next to you as well" i smile and follow her. "what're we doing today?" she questions. "i have an interview at noon and then fin has a show at 8 so we better start getting ready." i explain. "okay, sounds good" she yawns and grabs some clothes from her bag. "i'm gonna take a shower. i'll try to be quick" she tells me, grabbing her phone and a speaker. "okay. i'm gonna go get breakfast. i'll bring you something as well" i grab the key to our room and slide on some shoes. "okay, see you in a bit" she smiles and pecks her lips to mine quickly. "bye angel" i wave and open the door. "bye love" she responds. 

i start walking down the hallway and bump into finneas and claudia. "hey guys" i smile. "hey, how'd things go with elle last night?" claudia asks. "we're all good. that's all i'm gonna say" i shrug with a cliche smile, butterflies arising in my stomach at the mention of her name. "are you guys dating yet?" finneas asks in a hopeful tone. "i don't know. i don't think we're putting a label on it but i know i love spending time with her. i want her to be my girlfriend but as she said, we'd rarely see each other" i explain. "but-" finneas starts. "let's just go get breakfast okay? i don't feel like talking about relationships this early." i groan. "billie. it's 9 am" finneas laughs. "so?" i furrow my eyebrows. "it's not ear- never mind" he shakes his head and laughs. "so, where is elle?" claudia asks. "she's taking a shower so i'm getting us breakfast" "awe, you're like an old married couple. why couldn't you go get me food while i took a shower?" finneas asks claudia. "i'm sorry i wanted to go get food with you" claudia says in a  sarcastic tone. "oh my god i just want food stop" i groan. "sorry your highness" finneas rolls his eyes. "i'm changing the subject. are you excited for your show tonight?" i ask. "yeah, really excited. what about you? are you excited for your interview?" he questions. "eh, kinda. interviews got boring a while ago. they all ask the same questions." i shrug. "you're right" he agrees. 

after about an hour, i get out of the shower and elle finishes eating. i dry my hair and change pretty quickly and hear a knock on the door.  i open it and see finneas standing in the doorway. "hey, we're gonna leave pretty soon. we're supposed to be there by 11:30." he explains. "ight, i'm ready. are you ready angel?" i turn to elle. "yeah, i'm ready" she nods. "perfect, let's get going." i say. we all walk out to the car and drive to the interview. 

once we get there, we get out of the car and are greeted by tons of screaming fans held back by barricades by the door. "hello my babies!" i smile and hold my arms up. the fans in the front all try to grab me and elle stands behind me, waving at some of the fans that recognize her. "IS THAT ELLE?!" one screams. "yep, that's my name" she nods. "hey! are you guys dating?!" another fan screams. i side eye her and she blushes a little. "let's get inside" finneas pulls us away as he notices our situation. 

we walk in and i am immediately swept away by people. "we're gonna have you sit right here and the interviewer will be out in a few minutes." one person explains.  they sit me down on a chair in front of a live audience and i wave at them, making them all clap. i look over and see elle looking around with claudia close by her. she looks over and waves at me with a smile. i blush and wave back. "is she with you?" someone asks and points to elle. "yeah. they all are" i explain. "perfect" she replies. "bring them over ron, it's alright" the same girl yells to a man that is over by my family. they walk over to behind the camera and i see elle smiling at me. i blush once again and she laughs. the interviewer walks over and sits on a chair opposite of me. "okay, are you guys ready?" the camera man asks. "yeah, i'm ready. are you ready billie?" the interviewer asks. "yep" i smile. 

the camera man starts recording and the interview begins speaking. "we are here with billie eilish today!" she exclaims. "hello, i am billie eilish" i smile. "how are you billie?" the interviewer asks in a cheerful tone. "i'm great. i have my family, my brother's girlfriend and a very close friend of mine here. i could not be more happy to be here" i answer. "that's fantastic. let's jump right into this interview shall we?" she smiles. "we shall" i say in a fancy tone, making elle giggle. 

(interviewer in italic, billie in bold, elle in italicized bold)

"so, there have been rumors spreading about you bringing a girl you met at a concert here. who is this mystery fan?" "well, this specific person is very special to me. she is actually here right now, she's standing right over there. she's gonna be hanging out with me for the next week." "if you don't mind me asking, why her?"  "it's hard to explain. the second i saw her, we clicked. we talked for a bit and became pretty close. i didn't want to leave without her and we arranged for her to come to my next two shows" "are you involved with this girl?"  "of course. she is one of the most amazing people you will ever meet. we are amazing friends and get along perfectly." "would she mind coming up and speaking with us?" "i um... i don't know. elle?"

i shoot elle a look and she shrugs. i motion for her to come up and she nods. she walks onto the small stage they have set up and sits next to me. 

"you must be ecstatic to be able to spend so much time with billie yes?" "absolutely. billie is one of the best people i've ever met. she is amazing with my sisters and so funny. i've loved these past few days and i hate the thought of leaving without her." "i just realized, i never asked your name!" "my name is elle" "that is a beautiful. is your full name eleanor?" "yes but no one calls me that. everyone either calls me elle or that one british chick" "speaking of which, that is your instagram user yes?" "yes, it is" "you posted a picture of the sky in a plane that billie here commented on. how do you feel about that blowing up?" "billie and i feel that we aren't going to let her fame impact our realtion- friendship. isn't this billie's interview? i feel like i'm intruding" "no worries. if you'd like to leave, you may."  "yeah um.. i think i'm just gonna go stand with finneas and them. i'll see you in a bit lov- billie" "bye a- elle." 

i watch as elle walks off the stage and over to claudia. she keeps her eyes locked with mine for several seconds and smiles weakly. i wave subtly and she waves back. 

"what was the little cut off of the nicknames about? and i swear that elle said 'relationship' instead of 'friendship'" "it was nothing. just um.. don't worry about it." "i have a feeling that you and elle may be more than friends." "as most of my fans do as well" "so you don't deny it?" "let's talk about something else." "there we have it ladies and gentlemen. the billie eilish is dating a member of the same sex" "hey! you can't just assume something and tell the entire world" "but you still aren't denying this" "it doesn't matter if i'm not denying it. you still can't do that. it's fucked up." "i want you to look at that young lady behind the camera. go ahead and tell her you don't have feelings for her." "fuck this bro. i'm not gonna sit here and take this bullshit." 

i storm off the stage and grab elle's hand and pull her away from everyone. "hey, it's okay love. come here" she tells me and hugs me. "you know i have feelings for you. the rest of the world doesn't need to know our business unless we tell them." i say in a quiet, angry voice. "i know. it was fucked up for her to say that. don't listen to that scrubber." she agrees, making me laugh at her british lingo. "why are you laughing?" she questions with a small laugh. "scrubber" i mimic her. "i'm sorry i'm british okay?" she giggles, making me laugh a little louder. "this is why i have feelings for you. you make me happy and calm me down." i smile. "you are welcome" she jokes and boops my nose. i laugh and peck my lips to her's. she grabs my jaw and pulls me back into another kiss. i deepen it and wrap my arms around her waist as her hands explore my hair. "we should probably get back out there. they're probably looking for us." she says after pulling away. "you're right" i nod. we walk back to the stage and see my family still standing in shock. "let's gooo" i groan. they talk quietly to each other for a few seconds and agree to leaving.