1

Taehyung watches as the light on the upper floor is turned out. That's all he can make out. Five minutes later, the room in his view is lighted and a few seconds that too is turned out. He can't tell anything else much as he is sitting in a black vehicle in a neighbourhood not his own in the heavy downpour, feeling very much like a stalker. But, when has it stopped him from passing by the said area; taking detours and always, always ending up here. He knows it is quite sometime past eleven in the night. With every passing second, it is approaching midnight closer. He isn't bound by any time limit. There are no restraints, nothing stopping him except for the inhibitions of his mind.

It is a heavy downpour and the white house is fifteen yards away from where his car is parked. The neighbourhood looks like has already retired for the night. Maybe the occupant of the house has already slept?

No, he doesn't sleep this early.

But, what if he does now?

Fuck it.

Taehyung roughly punches the button to turn the radio off, pulls the headphone off and throws it into the empty leather seat next to him, takes the key ring in his hand, pushes the door open and climbs out of the car. He presses the key button and doesn't bother to make sure if his car locked. He is already running towards the house.

Please be awake. Please

He doesn't think he'll be able to muster the courage if he misses now.
He almost slips on the wet, slippery asphalt but grips onto the lamp post in nick of time to save himself from falling hard. He swallows the lump and pulls the hood on his head as his vision becomes more outside. He starts sprinting, slightly careful of his steps.

Be awake.

He reaches the gate and presses the doorbell.

Please come to the door.

He rings again. Please. He is holding onto the door, his fingers whitening in the pressure as he looks at the main door of the house. The door finally, finally opens and a short figure appears. It is bright behind him. But, all Taehyung can see is him.

Will you turn me down this time?

Will you open your doors for me?

The silhouette disappears from the threshold and the actor's fingers loosen their grip on the metal gate. He doesn't step away as the main door hasn't been shut. It is still open. The figure reappears with something in their hand. Taehyung takes a step back as he approaches closer. The tall actor smiles slightly as the short figure reaches the metal gate with an umbrella over his own head and more in his other hand. Thoughtful. As always.

The gate finally, finally slides open.

"Taehyung?", Yoongi asks sounding as astounded as he looks.

*

Yoongi hands the second umbrella over to him, ushering him inside, his instinct always kicking in to provide for his dongsaengs. Taehyung is shivering for a lot of reasons, cold being one of them. He waits while Yoongi locks the gate and then, together they move towards the house. They don't stop till they are at the threshold, Yoongi stepping inside with his wet shoes while Taehyung kicks his off onto the doormat. He halts there and watches as Yoongi puts the wet umbrella down on the floor and reaches for the umbrella in the actor's hand who quickly hands it back to him and puts the second one next to the first. As they are left to dry on the floor, Yoongi hastens towards the other door in the room. He stops and looks at Taehyung and looks terribly confused, his brows knotted, a slight pout jutting on his lips. The actor tries to pat his clothes dry and smiles at the pyjama-clad figure in front of him. The sight is fulfilling. He takes a deep breath and feels a slight warmth for the first time in years spreading in his chest. He tries to wipe his shoes dry on the doormat.