7

a/n: I am so sorry. I have no idea why I hadn't already uploaded this. Thanks to that one recent comment! Thank you for reminding me! Now let me go hunt down where my Ch 8 is stored.

Taehyung starts coming over to Yoongi's place more often or as he put it 'whenever he gets time.' Sometimes, he stays with them from Tuesday to Thursday, sometimes the weekend and at times, all he has is the time to drink one cup of tea. The actor always refuses coffee and on insistence explained that he avoids caffeine as much as possible. Yoongi tries to not think too much of it. Minji has warmed up to him too. Sometimes they sit together in the living room and build lego houses together. She switches between calling him 'uncle' and 'Hyung oppa' (the latter is just funny to all three of them) but Yoongi never corrects her. Tae smiles when she calls him uncle and laughs when it is the latter. Each time Taehyung leaves, Minji will say 'I like your new friend but I like Uncle Jin the best.' Then Yoongi has to remind her that everyone has their own place and she doesn't have to worry about replacing anyone. She always replies 'okay.'

What is truly concerning though how Jin doesn't ask him any questions about who this new friend of Yoongi's is who keeps coming over. Jin would usually never let a moment like this go without asking several questions about it first, however, his present situation with his soon-to-be-divorced wife has him preoccupied. Yoongi wants to help him in any way he can but he doesn't know how. Jin just responds vaguely, sounding awfully distracted on the calls and Yoongi only hopes his hyung finds some peace soon. What is the solution in his case? Yoongi doesn't even know why they're separating. Jin refuses to talk about it.

He wonders if there is any merit to Jimin's words.

Due to this, he doesn't have to tell his Jin hyung about Taehyung yet. Namjoon calls or visits once in every six months so Yoongi will know beforehand when to schedule his visit. It is Jimin he has to be careful around. Taehyung has said nothing about wanting to meet the rest of them. Yoongi doesn't think he'll want others to be informed so Yoongi never says anything. Jimin is sharp and he knows Yoongi is seeing someone, for a lack of better words. He is usually sly glances and smirks, teasing Yoongi relentlessly about this ghost boyfriend but he doesn't push for it. He truly knows when to back off. Yoongi feels bad. He doesn't want to hide it but he isn't ready yet.

Taehyung always texts an hour or so before asking if he can come over. Yoongi says yes usually depending on whether he is at work or if there's someone else at home. If his friends are over, Yoongi just lies he isn't home. On Yoongi's birthday, Taehyung shares an MV's link on Twitter. In the music video, the male protagonist is decorating his lover's house, wishing very many good things for her. It is not a song about her birthday. It is just one of them in it but it might as well have been. Yoongi smiles seeing it and retweets it from his account. Jimin asks him later at his own birthday celebration if he got a message from a special one, waggling his eyebrows. The dancer even confiscates his phone to check but he, of course, doesn't find any text. Yoongi laughs at his puzzled expression and ruffles his hair.

One time Taehyung shows up at his doorstep at 4:30 in the morning, thirteen days after not showing up, looking dead tired on his feet. Yoongi ushers him upstairs, helps him out of his overcoat, and puts him to bed in the guestroom. It is occupied by Taehyung often these days. The same day, Jimin shows up three hours later with a box full of mangoes and another with kimchi made by his mother, a face full of smile and love. Jimin is arguably his favourite dongsaeng and Yoongi hates he is not telling him about the man who is sleeping on the floor above them. His heart is in his mouth the entire time, waiting for Taehyung to show up at the dining space but the latter doesn't and Yoongi still doesn't tell his friend.

"Hyung, if you want me to leave, I can leave," Jimin says, understanding in his eyes and forgiveness waiting.

Yoongi swallows down the guilt unable to tell his friend that his former best friend is right here. "No, it is okay. Do you want to eat something?" The musician doesn't tell him to leave perhaps, because he is hoping for the decision to be taken out of his hands and if Taehyung and Jimin meet each other naturally then that will be fate, right?