9

He clicks on the new post. Taehyung has posted a cover. It is a blurry video, the camera just focused on the ceiling. It is titled "Practice - Camped by RINI." The post has ten thousand Likes and thousands of Retweets within minutes. The video begins abruptly.

Take the time to figure out
Let's not fight or fool around, no
Love is not a losing game
But surely we can find a way, yeah

We can find a way (We can find a way)

We can find a way, you know, I'll be here tomorrow
Where you go I'll follow
We might falter but it don't matter

He puts his phone down on the window sill. He looks at the sun shining over the snow-covered ground. He turns away from the window and goes back in, the video still playing.

Cause I can keep on loving you
Just let me keep on loving you
Tell me what I'm supposed to do
Cause I'm all for you

It is interrupted by a short cough and Taehyung says, "Sorry." He pauses, smiles at that and resumes, wiping down the counter.

Sometimes like cats and dogs around the house
Our wants and needs can't compromise
I'm down to work it out
If you're down too, let's get it done, baby

I hope you give me time

I hope you hear me out
There's no need to shout
When you're this close to me
Baby, can't you see

The audio cuts off.

*

"I know this is part of our regular check-up," Dr Kim says, as she flips through his file, "but is there anything new you would like to report?" She smiles at him. She's so young for a doctor but as bright, joyful and intelligent as his previous doctor.

"No -" Yoongi absent-mindedly rubs his hand over his chest.

She notices it. "I see."

"Is there anything to be worried about, Doctor?"

She purses her lips, looks down at his files and looks contemplative. "Yoongi-ssi..."

"Yes?"

She lightly shakes her head. "It is nothing major to be worried about for now but it looks like the infection is receding."

"Really?" He is surprised. "I thought Statis Hanahaki didn't change."

"Usually, they don't. Provided given the same circumstances." She peers at him in a way that is oddly reminiscent of somebody. "Is there any reason you think for your condition to change?"