Chapter 2

Luna's POV: 

"Supergirl? What are you doing here?"  Lena Luthor stared point-blank at the woman with shock and also daggers in her eyes. 

"I'm here to pick up my kid. What are you doing here Miss Luthor?" Supergirl asked with a caring tone and then looked at me and smiled. 

"I am here to fix my mess." My mother stopped and glanced at me taking a deep breath in and let it out as she spoke. "Mother didn't do a good job when she tried to take care of my teenage mistake." A gun was then drawn from her designer coat that she was wearing. It was pointed directly between my eyes. My heart dropped. I shuddered which caused me to stumble backward falling on the cold wet roof of L-Corp. 

"Lena NOO!" Supergirl yelled. 

It all happened so fast. The bullet was released from the gun and I braced myself putting my arms crossed over my head. When within the following minute I was not dead, I looked up. I was no longer on the roof of L-Corp. I was in an apartment that I had never seen in my life. 

It was a very aesthetically pleasing place. It had a rustic vibe but was still modern. The whole place looked like something off of a CW show or whatnot. Or like the whole thing was off of Pinterest. It was a cute place, not too sure if it is my style though. Outside of the window I could see that I was still in National City, that's a good sign. The L-Corp building wasn't too far away actually, but the rain had stopped and it was now miraculously daytime. How odd. 

I looked around the apartment some more and recognized some of the things in the apartment. There was a picture of Lena Luthor, my mother who almost killed me, and some lady that resembled the same facial features as Supergirl. Another picture showed the lady with another red-headed woman. A third picture showed the two women in the picture beforehand with a colored man. As I came across a fourth picture, Supergirl came flying through the window. 

"Wake up Luna! Wake up!" She grabbed me and shook me by the shoulders. "You are gonna miss it!" 

<><><>

"Ugh," I groaned pushing a small child off of me as I sat up. "What Bailey, what?" I said with a yawn vaguely remembering a strange dream that had occurred the night before.  

"You are gonna miss me getting adopted silly!" The little girl all but yelled in my face with lots of excitement. I've no clue where she channels it from. Of course, I only got about 3 hours of sleep anyway, but still.  

"Oh am I?" I said as I started to tickle the little munchkin to death. "And who is going to be adopted again?" 

Giggling, she replied, "Me, and hopefully, I can convince my new mommy and daddy to let me take you with me." She giggled once more to show her goofy smile which revealed her 2 front teeth that were missing. This gave her a lisp that was already bad beforehand that we had worked on, but as soon as those teeth popped out it came back. Darn lisp. 

"Aw, kiddo, we've been through this," I sighed not wanting to have this talk with the little family that I had. She was being adopted today and I couldn't stand to watch her go. I have explained many times that I cannot go with her because this couple didn't want me, they only wanted the adorable being that is Bailey. "I can't go with you. I will help you get ready though, okay?" 

"Okay," she pouted breaking my heart. But it instantly healed when she readily assumed her perky self, "I have the bestest outfit to wear." 

"Bestest isn't a word but let's see this magnificent outfit." I got out of bed and was following her out of the secluded area that was the corner that I had claimed from the day I first got here.