Still capable

A/n: vent posts? WHACK. Oneshots based on you failing high school ORIGINAL CONTENT.

Hc: the taskforce think because you failed high school you aren't capable on the case. But you e done the most work the whole case and L knows it.

You were an outlier on the taskforce. Everyone went through high school with passing grades, graduated university and had very successful lives. You? That was another story.

You didn't graduate high school for a number of reasons. It was the wrong environment for your learning style, there were many people that made you feel unsafe there, no teachers payed you any attention or tried to help... just to name a few.

But that didn't stop you. Sure you may not have been able to go to university because of that, but you had other aspirations. Living in your small, crappy apartment, making ends meet working in dining as a waitress may have been tough and stressful, but it kept you off the streets. Every night you'd go home and work your ass off, trying to make a name for yourself as a private detective. It started with small cases, like people paying you to find out if their spouses here cheating, or paying you to help them expose suspicious co-workers. But the more your brand grew, the bigger cases you took. Soon you were solving murders, kidnapping, disappearances.

It took blood, sweat and tears but you made it. Just because you didn't formally graduate, didn't make you any less capable. And a certain detective saw that.

L has the criminal justice system in the palm of his hand, and when Kira came up, he knew he needed help. He went to you because of your amazing tracking skills. He knew you could trace suspects without leaving a trace. He didn't care you didn't even have a diploma, you had the skill that was enough for him. And he didn't exactly do traditional school either, being raised at an orphanage for tiny geniuses and all. He got that mainstream school wasn't for you, but you were just as smart as a graduate in law enforcement.

But that's not how the taskforce saw things...

"(Y/n), can you get tabs on the Yotsuba groups whereabouts right now?" L asked.

"On it"

You turned to your computer, immediately getting the programs up and hacking away at the systems to get a ping form their cell phones.

"Got them, I'll send you the map" you replied.

L turned to his computer, seeing the map from yours pop up with each ping showing exactly where everyone was.

"That's was fast, impressive"

"It's my expertise"

"Now... could you track the last lot of fingerprints to the locations?"

"Gimme a minute, I got this"

You saw Light walked up to L in your peripheral vision. What did he want now?

"Hey, you need anything else done?" He asked.

"Not at this moment. (Y/n)'s got it covered"

Thinking you weren't listening, Light scoffed and spoke again.

"I'm sure I could get it done faster"

You rolled your eyes, it was always like this with Light.

"She's got it covered, I can assure you" L replied.

"L are you really trusting all this work in someone who hasn't even passed high school, she doesn't even have a diploma"

"Light you're aware I don't have a diploma right?"