Unlikely style

A/n: bitch I'm dying me and an Internet friend we're joking about drag stuff and she goes "What's the death note boys drag personas?" AND NOW I JUST HAVE TO WRITE ABOUT THIS BRO.

Prompt: you've always wondered why L knew so much about makeup and fashion. And one unlikely night you found out.

Late. As usual. The past few weeks you'd been getting back from police meetings rather late. So walking into taskforce at about midnight when everyone else was asleep was rather normal. So as usual you got yourself through security, and into taskforce ready to head right to bed.

Hanging your stuff on the coatrack, kicking off your shoes and beginning to walk upstairs to get to bed. Yawning you trudged sleepily down the hall ready for some good old sleep. The building was dark as the rest of the taskforce was fast asleep, so it was also very silent. But to your surprise a faint voice from upstairs made you jump.

"Ow- shit! Man I need to find a better way to pin this down..."

Was that L? Not a surprise he was awake this late but what the fuck is he doing with pins? Curiosity getting the better of you, you walked past your floor and up to his, hearing what sounded like a sewing machine through the walls. Was he making something? What on earth is he doing?

You and L have had a rather strange relationship over the last few months. It was very clear you both liked each other, but nothing was official yet.

When you reached his door, you noticed it was open a crack, probably why you could even hear him in the first place. Quietly you snuck up to door and peeked through the crack. He was sewing, from the angle he had it laid out it just looked like a sparkly blue chunk of fabric. But when he pulled it away from the machine it revealed a very glamorous dark blue dress, something you'd expect to see a movie star wear. Why did he have a dress? You had no idea. Maybe misa was getting him to fix something for her? But Misa barely ever wears blue... not to mention it looks too long for her, shes small, she'd trip on the ends.

He put it on a coat hanger and hung it on a hook on the wall. Taking a paper from his pocket, he unfolded it and held it up to the dress. On the paper was a drawing of said dress, on a model with long curly black hair and silver gloves going up past the elbows.

Was... was he a fashion designer or something?

"Alright... thats done. Now I gotta figure out what makeup would match this... maybe navy eyes and black lips? Hmm... or blue lips? Do I even have blue lipstick?"

You watched in confusion as he talked to himself, walking over to the desk and pushing the sewing machine aside. Opening a drawer he pulled out some makeup brushes, eyeshadow pallets ams lipsticks. As well as a bag full of other makeup. He also grabbed a small mirror and propped the drawing up against it.

He starred at the shades for a moment, thinking his decision over.

"Hmm... none of these really scream Lilly do they?"

He sighed, getting up to go look for a different pallet.

Lily? Who was that? You watched him, looked around the room. And then in a second it all became so clear when your eyes met something on top of the shelf. A wig. A black wig just like the one in the picture. You quietly gasped, not expecting this at all.

"L does drag?" You whispered to yourself, an amused smile on your face.

Lily, that must he the name of his drag persona or something. He seems to have a trend here with the L names. You watched him take out a second pallet, opening it back at his desk and scanning the shaded.

"Ooo hello heart of the sea, you look good" he mumbled to himself, dipping his finger into the shade and swatching it on the back of his hand.

He held it up to the light at an angle you could see it was deep metallic blue, very bright and shiny.