Chapter 4 - The Music Of The Night

Paul's P.O.V.

It has already been a week since Kimberly and I moved in together. It was one of the best days of my life. But it'll be even better when I ask her to marry me. We'll get to that another time, however. Anyway, I was needed in the studio today. So I filled my mates in on the events of the song John and I wrote and I sang it for Kimberly.

"What did she think of the song?" John asked. "She loved it! The most adorable thing about her reaction was when she began to happy cry. I love seeing her so happy." I said. "Kimberly is definitely the right girl for you." Ringo said. "Agreed. I'd be devastated if you two ever break up." George said. "Well, that'll never happen. We've been dating for almost two years and our relationship has been nothing but perfect." I said.

As we continued to chat, in came Brian. "Good morning lads! Beautiful day, isn't it?" He said. "Yes!" All four of us said. "First of all, you four were absolutely marvelous at the last concert you put on recently! I'm proud of you all!" Said Brian. He then noticed that I was smiling a lot bigger than I normally do. "Paul, you seem like you're in a good mood. Did something exciting happen recently?" He asked. "As a matter of fact, yes. My girlfriend and I moved in together last week." I said. "Oh, that's wonderful! But I don't think I've ever met your girlfriend. What's her name?" Brian said.

"Her name is Kimberly. Kimberly Smith." I said. "Lovely name. I'd like to meet her sometime." Said Brian. "We've met her. She's a sweetheart." Said John. "She tells such amazing stories." Said George. "And she knows how to make us laugh." Said Ringo. "I'm starting to like her already. Well, even though I haven't met her yet. Paul, I know we have this rule about not bringing wives or girlfriends into the studio, but I'd like you to bring her by sometime so I could meet her." Brian said.

My face lights up at his words and I happily nod. "I'd be glad to!" I said. After a little while of talking about my girlfriend, we got back to work and sang some more songs.

Kimberly's P.O.V.

While Paul was at the studio, I invited Teresa and Heather over. I gave them the address of where Paul and I are living and they found it in no problem. Oh, I almost forgot! Not long after Paul and I moved in together last week, I got my driver's license. So if there ever comes a time when I wanna go somewhere with Paul and he can't drive, I'll be driving us to wherever we're going. Although Paul gets a little uneasy in a car if he's not driving, I assured him that I'm a safe driver and he believed me.

Anyway, let's get back to my hangout with my friends. "So, Kim, how long have you and Paul been dating? Last time we saw you two together was back in the summer of 1961." Said Heather. "Almost two years." I said. "Wow! Remind me again the exact date you two got together." Said Teresa. "Sure. We first started dating on July 30, 1961." I said. "Amazing! You two are definitely perfect for each other!" Heather said. "I agree. I hope someday I find someone who loves me the same way Paul loves you." Teresa said. "I'm sure you will." I said.

We continued to chat until I asked them if they wanted to have a catch. They said yes and we formed a triangle. Heather brought a baseball with her and we tossed it around clockwise. We eventually switched it to counter clockwise after a few turns.

After hours of playing with the girls, we said our goodbyes to each other. I then see a car pull up in front of the house. It was Paul arriving home from the studio. He gets out of his car and his face was drenched in sweat while his hair was damp. Even his clothes were all sweaty. He was starting to stumble as I quickly ran up to him and caught him before he fell.

"Are you okay, Paul?" I asked. "Yeah. I just need to lay down." Said Paul. I helped him into the house and he collapses onto the couch. "I am... exhausted!" He said. "Were you guys working hard in the studio?" I asked. "Oh yeah! I think we might've worked a little too hard!" Paul said. "I'll go get you some water." I said. Paul nods as I went into the kitchen and fetched him a glass of water. I brought the glass over to him and he takes it. "Thanks, love." He said. "You're welcome." I said. I sat down next to him as he drinks his water to hydrate himself.

"If you'd like, we could go outside and look at the stars a little later. You could even bring your guitar." I said. "Sounds good, Kim. As of right now, I'm just gonna take a nap until I get all my energy back." Said Paul. I rub his back. "I understand, sweetheart." I said. I give Paul a kiss on his cheek. Even though it was covered with sweat, I didn't care. Paul finished his water and handed me his glass. I dried it off and put it away afterwards.

I turned around and saw that Paul has already passed right out. I smiled to myself since he always has the most adorable expression when he's sleeping. I walked over to him and put a blanket on top of him. I gently stroked his face and I saw him smile a little bit at my touch. I gave him another kiss on his cheek and whispered into his ear. "I love you." I said quietly. I sat down on a chair that's across from the coffee table. Normally I don't watch Paul while he sleeps, but I couldn't help but stare at his cute face while he was in a golden slumber.

An hour has passed by and I nodded off a few times. Luckily, I was able to keep my eyes open all that time. Paul began to stir. He let out a small groan and rubbed his eyes. I walked over to him and bent down in front of him. His eyes fluttered and opened. He turned and looked at me while giving me a smile. "Hey. Feeling better?" I asked. "Much. Now that I have all my energy back and that I'm completely hydrated." Paul said. He sits up and takes me in his arms, pulling me next to him on the couch.

"Wanna look at the stars with me?" I asked. "Yes. But first, I'm gonna get changed." Said Paul. I nod as he goes into our room and changes into some clean clothes since his suit was covered with sweat. He comes out a minute later wearing a white t-shirt and jeans while holding his guitar. He then comes over to me and wraps his arms around me, planting a kiss on my head. "Have I ever told you how much I love you?" He asked. "How much?" I asked.

Paul spreads his arms out. "This much!" He said. "Oh, Paul!" I said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed his sweet, soft lips. After minutes of locking lips, we went outside into the night to look at the starry sky. Throughout most of the time outside, Paul was strumming his guitar and singing. He was looking at me that whole time he sang. The one song he sang was the most touching I've ever heard.

Oh yeah, I'll tell you something
I think you'll understand
When I say that something
I wanna hold your hand

Oh please, say to me
You'll let me be your man
And please, say to me
You'll let me hold your hand
Now let me hold your hand
I wanna hold your hand

And when I touch you I feel happy inside
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide

Yeah, you've got that something
I think you'll understand
When I say that something
I wanna hold your hand

And when I touch you I feel happy inside
It's such a feeling that my love
I can't hide, I can't hide, I can't hide

Yeah, you've got that something
I think you'll understand
When I feel that something
I wanna hold your hand

I smiled after he finished singing. I move closer to him and take his hand. "I'll let you hold my hand anytime." I said. Paul smiles back at me, pulls my hand up to his lips, and kisses it. "You're my girl. I'll always hold your hand." He said.

Eventually, something breathtaking flew through the sky. We both saw it. "Oh my gosh!" I said excitedly. "It's a shooting star!" Said Paul. "That was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen!" I said. I notice Paul smirking at me. "There's something, or dare I say someone that's more beautiful than a shooting star." He said. "What or who is that?" I asked. "You!" Paul said as he tapped on my nose. "Awww, Paulie!" I said. I wrapped Paul into a hug and I felt him stroking my hair.

It started to get late. Paul checks his watch. "Kimberly, love, it's almost midnight. Ready for bed?" He asked. "Yeah. Would you carry me inside?" I asked. "Sure I can." Said Paul. He puts his guitar on his back and picks me up bridal style. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he walks inside while holding me. He gently puts me down on the bed once we reached our bedroom. We put our pajamas on in separate rooms. After that, we climb into bed with our arms around each other.