Chapter 7 - Don't Leave Me!

Paul's P.O.V.

As my illness continued to eat me up, I felt like I couldn't do anything. I especially felt horrible since I'll be leaving my true love behind. Anyway, Kimberly was hanging out with her friends out front. She didn't wanna go far since she wanted to stay close by in case I needed her or if something happened.

Even though I was hot for a few days, I started shivering. It wasn't cold in the room, but I was freezing anyway. I also started to feel very dehydrated. So I got myself out of bed to get some water.

As I walked towards the kitchen, my legs started to feel very heavy. I especially started to feel very dizzy as a sudden rush of blood went through my head. I then broke into the biggest coughing fit ever. I felt like I was succumbing to my illness. After a few more coughs, I fell to my knees and hit the floor. I tried to get up, but I was too weak. Everything went black.

Kimberly's P.O.V.

Heather and Teresa were comforting me after they heard about Paul being sick and dying. I wouldn't stop crying, but they didn't mind. "How long ago did this happen?" Asked Teresa. "It was a few days ago. A doctor came over and was unable to help him. So he confirmed that he only had a few days to live. I was so upset when he told me that." I said. "I don't blame you, Kim. It's hard to lose the one you love." Said Heather.

The girls stayed with me for a few more minutes. They gave me hugs before they left. I then thought about checking on Paul. I went inside and saw the worst thing I've ever witnessed. Paul was on the ground unconscious! "PAUL, NO!!!!!!" I yelled. I ran over to Paul and grabbed his shoulders. I started shaking him to wake him up.

"Paul! Paul, wake up! Please, wake up! Don't do this to me, Paul! Open your eyes, I beg you!" I cried. Paul stirred a tiny bit. He opened his eyes only halfway and saw me looking down at him. "Kimberly... sweetheart." He said. His voice was now in a whispering tone. "Yes, Paulie. I'm here." I said. "Darling... I feel so... so weak. I'm... I'm dying." Said Paul. "No, Paul! You're gonna live! I'll be staying right here and I'll take care of you!" I said. Paul started to shiver. "Cold... I'm c-cold." He said.

I gently touched his face and it was cold as ice. My eyes filled with tears and so did Paul's. "Hold me. Please... hold me." He said. I cradled Paul in my arms and pulled him close to me. I could feel his cold arms wrap around me as well. "You're gonna be okay." I whispered. "Kimi, will you... will you do something for me?" Asked Paul. "Sure, Paulie." I said. "Kiss me... once more. Kiss me." Paul said. I leaned in and kissed his soft lips. They were painfully cold, but I didn't care. I love kissing his lips no matter how they feel.

Paul lifted his hand up and caressed my face. "I love you." He whispered. It broke my heart to hear those words come out of his mouth for the last time. "I love you too, sweetie." I said. "Kim, can you... sing?" Asked Paul. "Of course, baby." I said. I took a deep breath and sang the first song that came to my mind. I choked up a few times as I sang. While I was singing, Paul began to close his eyes.

Wise men say, only fools rush in
But I can't help falling in love with you

Shall I stay? Would it be a sin
If I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you

Like a river flows, surely to the sea
Darling so it goes, some things are meant to be

Take my hand, take my whole life too
For I can't help falling in love with you