One

'Often people make judgements, based from a popular or unpopular opinion. Often most if not all are biased in some way. Often we will lie to each other, from small white ones to humongous black ones, that could tear a whole country apart. Quite literally.

It has been four years since the Surges started appearing, and people have to have hope in the world, for If hope fails, fear takes control. Opinions matter in situations like these. Make one wrong decision or one opinion another group doesn't like, you could be done for. Lives are taken over silly matters like these, that could substantially ruin a whole society, country or worse. This is how it relates back to power, conflict and control. It's a whole anarchal system which if one part falls in the colossal pyramid, take the Egyptian pharaohs for example, the whole thing could come crashing or crumbling down. You could also use that analogy for say, something like the walls of Jericho in the Bible, for those of religion such as Christianity in the world. The Surges relate to this in a more modern conclusion. As a present even that those have hope and fear today, it relates back to us. The idea from this is that we could end up making a difference to this worldly problem, though it is highly unlikely. Lies are often too entangled with the truth to intercept, causing a catastrophic cause and effect, set by the more adult variations of today, such as presidents, prime ministers, and other political figures.

We often look up to those in power, demanding things and taking things for granted, while we still assume themselves as 'role models' to us. Often trying to be good when they in fact are hiding the truth. Some need to learn that being powerful and deceitful isn't everything to our generation today.'

Frida put the blue whiteboard pen down, breathed for a few moments, and then finished with extra notes and points on the subject, as well as trying to lecture a class of year nines about current affairs, and what could be useful and beneficial in a society, though they were clearly more interested in watching a video instead. Her friend Logan, who had helped her put the whole thing together, as in what to write while speaking if necessary, nodded and gave her a thumbs up from the other corner of the room, to which she nodded back. Her English Language and Literature teacher, Mr Harper, further stepped forward and thanked her, forcing a synonymous 'thank you' from the class. Hopefully things would go better later on.

The two sixth-formers walked out just as the school bell rang twice, signifying their breaktime. If felt rather weird to be part of a swarm of students of the Key Stage 3 line, as they felt rather miniature in their eyes. 'Thanks so much for helping me out with that. It was... rather stressing, talking to that year. They're about... thirteen? Fourteen? I think it's between that age gap anyway.' Logan looked back and made a face. Looked in between sucking a lemon and an expression that said 'oh yeah... hmm.'

'My sister would have been in year nine. I... could have saved her.' Frida put a hand on his shoulder as he wiped a tear from his face. 'You're not normally that emotional. I get that she was there in a Surge incident, but it wasn't your fault. You were in the car on the way home. You couldn't do anything.' 'You don't understand. At all.' Logan quickly pulled her into the sixth form common room, and persistently dragged her into the nearest group project/revision room. 'There are many things you don't understand about my family, Frida. Okay. I saw you deliver ties in that lecture presentation. That could... help.' Frida looked rather confused and gave a simple reply. 'So... what does that have to do with your sister?' Logan was frantically running around, grabbing pens, books, and a clipboard in which he placed another piece of paper, and started writing.

'My parents, went, to save her and got out of the car I was in at the time, at age fourteen, and parked it in a spot around here.' He had drawn a few circles, quite oddly central, and had dubbed the locations and blast radiuses in black pen. He had pointed to an area in the outskirts of the first, rather small circle, and marked it with a tack. 'My sister Karina was in the middle of the blast radius.' He stuck a different coloured tack in the middle of the first circle. 'This particular surge was a fire one. Since my parents rushed to her in the middle of the blast radius, well you know what could happen. If not, I'll just simply say it all for that reason. In case.' He drew a red 1 in the first circle.