Ten

'Working with them has its benefits. I can imitate their skills, y'know? Things happen, and well, you're the only non-elemental in the group. I've seen your skills. Why'd you stop?' 'Last year I said I was taking a break for a year. It was December, the Christmas party, and I doubt I'll be top of the table any more.' 'Girl, you were one of the top ones in year seven. Being a third Dan is no joke, even
at your age. You did so many competitions! You won one last year! Still got your kit?' 'Of course.' Katrin held her arm out in a protective stance, after the two reached their destination. 'Something's going on. I sense something unordinary. I can feel your mother is still in the house. I'll find whatever else is afoot.' Katrin proceeded to run faster than ever towards the threat, as Bea came towards the house. 'Mum?' She knocked the door repeatedly. 'Mum?' She panicked before reaching and pulling out her set of keys in her pocket, and finding her house key, unlocking the door, taking the key back out, and wearily walking inside. She didn't think it was right to have to be sneaking into her own home, but she knew it was the right thing at that moment in time. After all, she'd called out for her mother before, and called... yet her mum has instructed her to say inside. No matter. It was her responsibility if someone she loved was hurt. 'Mum?' She heard a crunch under her feet, as she noticed shrapnel of glass below her, and a shattered window. Must have been where the shattering sound came from. Looks like from the outside if glass was found indoors, in the hallway. She crept towards the, no, her kitchen.

'Oh God.' Life was at its lowest as Katrin, trekking up the forest trail she said she'd visit again. In the dark, despite the spring, nearly summer Time in early June, darkness had befallen the place at the time. The sun was starting to set, and the overhead canopies of the trees did not help one bit, forcing nightmarish images in her mind, through the plants' twisted and knobbly branches, roots, and trunks. Life had taken a cruel turn for the girl, who still felt the tingling sensation of the unnatural. What she didn't understand was though... why did she feel it slightly when she was near... oh no.  What if Bea was in danger? She stopped. Then she felt it. A strong sensation. A pounding now. A warning, instantly engraving into her brain. No. No. No. No. It can't be. It can't be Her again.

'Look who's coming back for seconds.'

Bea listened quietly as she heard a shuffling sound, but kept to herself. She almost gasped when she heard a voice. A male's.

'Where is he? He has an item I am seeking.' She could hear her mother, becoming feasibly more scared. 'Where is he? I know you have a child. I know he is yours. Just tell me where the item, or he, is, and I will leave peacefully. If not... I have been ordered to possibly kill if needed.' Bea hid behind a corner, then saw the fearful look in her mum's eyes. 'What's the item you're looking for?' Her mum questioned the man, whom Bea still could not see. 'It's... a book, of some kind. A scrapbook-esc thing. With pictures, and writing, of a place. You must know, right?' Her mother looked utterly confused for a minute, before responding. 'Are you sure that's my son's? He isn't usually into those sort of things. Yes he draws, but he doesn't scrapbook.' The man looked at her mother in questioning. 'If it's not his or yours, who is it? Answer!' Her mother clearly had no clue. So she did the only thing she could think of. She interjected. 'Whose is it?!'

'It's mine.'

Katrin looked around to see her old partner Chara. 'We really need to stop running into each other like this.' Katrin rubbed her ear and felt her almost invisible earpiece inside her ear, which thankfully Chara did not take notice of. 'I would really say the same.' Katrin responded. Chara acted in turn by whipping out her infamous blade from her hidden hilt. 'You know, I have a mind that I could just kill you quickly. Here and now. But now, oh... I'm going to torture you.' Her voice raised. 'Too long have you tortured us with your little defendants, and escapades, and to think, you could have just done the right thing like you always did and stayed with us.' Katrin grit her teeth. 'I will never be one of you.' 'You still were though, Inatsu.' Chara quickly replied, much to Katrin's annoyance. 'The past is the past, Mournen. I don't dwell on it. This is the here and now. We do what we have to do. And If that means defending a group of elementals and killing you in the way, then so be it. You've killed people in the past, and now Karma's gonna Come collect your debt.'

The man turned. 'I thought I sensed someone here. Who are you and what is your business with my interrogation?' Bea walked into the kitchen and pushed him away. 'I know exactly who you are, Bone, and I may be powerless, but I can do other stuff if means necessary.' Bone turned his head sharply, grabbed Bea and pulled her out of the opened Kitchen patio doors, presumably so he could make a quick escape, which was what was literally happening at that moment. He opened his silver wings with water swirling in a veil around them, and dropped her in a nearby grassy dry field. 'The hell? Water wings? What the hell are you, a Lazuli?' Bone smirked. 'What does that make you then? My little garbage powerless Peridot?'

Bea gasped. 'The one reference I make, you understand? Wow. I was not expecting that at all.'  Bone winked for some reason. 'I do know some things. I've watched the show, actually.' Bea just looked at the Surge. 'What?' 'Nothing. Forget I said that.' He cupped his hand to one side of his mouth for some reason. 'Chara would kill me. Probably literally.' Bea laughed. 'What? Like go on a genocide run? Kill everyone in sight, even the people she did like and does like?' Bone smirked. 'Undertale? I like your mind. A good idea at that.'

Bea was still confused. How could she just have a normal conversation with this... Surge? He looked half demon, definitely not human. You could pick out features, but they were different. You could tell his human form did not look like that at all. She narrowed her eyes. 'What business did you have with my mother and Sibling?'

'So you are the sister of Virgil?' 'Yes. And I will repeat. What business do you have with my family?'