separation

(Get your tissues ready ladys)

The years they had been together Paul never thought he would ever think John would be through with him. But he knew it should've come eventually. there days of kisses turned into awkward hugs and there 'I love you's' now just simple goodbyes. Paul knew it was time and John made that clear. Even if he didn't want to except it.

"Paul...I'm sorry...but I think it would be better..." He bit the side of his cheek, hesitating to finish the sentence. " But I think we should just remain friends and bandmates. "

Those words hit hard and his heart dropped to his feet. He looked over at John in the front seat of his car after a quiet dinner. He could feel the lump in his throat get tighter and tighter. "S-so you wanted me to come out tonight...just to leave me." He said the years glossing in his eyes looking at him.

"Paul...don't Look at me like that, yeh knew it was time, it wouldn't have worked out anyway with the press and fans and just....life ok." He said coldly looking away from him unlocking the car. "Besides were always busy with music innit..when was the last time we went out on a proper date hmm...1960." He shoved a cigarette into his mouth lighting it with shaky hands.

Paul could stop the warm hot tears that watered in his eyes and went down his reddened cheeks. " Oh Johnny d-don't leave me now please, m-me whole family has left please.. " he let out a sob wiping the tears putting a hand on his arm

"Don't give me none of that Johnny bullshit, you have no clue do you, you don't know what's it's like to only have one person in yeh life, at least you had a family during your childhood!!!" He snapped at him grabbing his wrist holding it.

Paul furrowed his eyebrows and then snapped back. "John!! I was there for you when your mum died, I knew how it felt to not have a mother, I'm not an idiot!!" He yelled while angry tears came down his face.

" Get out of my car now. " he said in pauls face shoving his wrist out of his own hand. " just get out, I'll see you at recording sessions I guess... " he looked away shaking his head.

Paul backed away from John in the car as he forgot that the volume was low on the radio station, playing Elvis's Falling In Love With You, the song they fell in love to, and are now leaving each other to. Paul nodded and sniffling wiping the tears that poured out as he let out various sobs. "Fine...I guess you don't need this..." He worked a little ring off his finger, a promise ring that he wore everyday since John gave it to him on there 1 year anniversary . Paul took it off and placed it on the dash of the car, his heart tugging to stay, but instead gave John an apologetic and upset look, as a couple more years worked down his cheeks. "Goodbye John..." He said quietly before getting out and shutting the door.

john watched as Paul walked off seeing him struggling not to brake down as he reached his house and went inside. John bit his lip and then let out a sob not caring who heard arms crossing crying into the steering wheel. Once again he did something stupid, stupid stupid. He knew there would be consequences from this on his part. A part of him love Paul still with all his heart and he did, but the other part for some reason didn't want paul. It was something in John that could not be explained.

He saw the ring and reached into the glove box and threw it in there cursing out loud punching the dashboard as he cried. He shook his head, he had already done it, no getting him back now there goes the love of your life. He thought as he back out of the driveway getting one good look at pauls house.

This would be the worst decision John's ever made in his life

(sorry I had to add a little bit of angst, I made myself cry with that one, I hope you enjoyed :'))