Chapter Nine

}<Cameron>{

The first thing I feel is a massive headache, pain filled arms and legs, and something in my throat. It wasn't exactly a pleasant because I couldn't convince my eyes to open, so I could see what it was.

What happened? Where am I? Why does everything hurt so much? I frowned. Open eyes, just open its not that hard! Why do I feel so cold? Am I dead? That last thought hit me harder than a sledge hammer to a nail.

Again, I tried to convince my eyes to open, the lids felt like flaming boulders trying to be picked up by a baby.

They opened slowly, looking around the room, it was all white, and a dark figure was on a recliner chair in the corner, seemingly asleep by the soft snoring I could hear. I decided to ignore the figure for now and just focus on everything else around me.

I look to my left a heart monitor and an IV bag hanging from a skinny pole on wheels, a small tube going into my arm.

On my right is a huge machine that looked like something futuristic, with an even bigger tube that seems to go behind me, and a blood bag with a tube going into my neck.

"Cameron." I look back over at the recliner chair, Eric sitting up, staring at me wide eyed.

"Oh my fucking god" he got up and rushed over to me, grabbing my hand and holding it tight.
"I can't believe your actually alive." He said quietly, tears welling up in his eyes.

"Ghnnkam" I coughed. The fuck was that? I think to myself.

"No don't try to talk, they put a tube down your throat, and a breathing tube in your nose while you were asleep. I think they were pumping your stomach." He looked me in the eyes, a small reassuring smile shining in them.

I moved my arm up, struggling to find the tube. My finger tips brushed over it and my top lip, instantly quivering.

"Hey, don't worry. It's alright, your awake and not alone."He squeezed my hand for reassurance.

"But, I just have one question. What were you thinking when you ran in front of that car." He asked.

"What is he talking about, I never ran in front of a car...... oh no"
The night at the club suddenly flashed before my eyes, starting with us getting there, then me violently throwing up in the empty bathroom, then Matt and Eric telling me that they were gonna walk me back to the house, then me running in front of a car as we were trying to get home.

My eyes felt very wet all of a suddenly, feeling tears streaming down my face.

"Hey hey don't cry dude" Eric wiped the tears with his thumbs, letting go of my hand. "I'm know it's scary to remember, but I think you need to know what happened after the car hit you." He took both my hands in his.

"hey Eric I got your cappacinoooo.... Cameron oh my god your alive." Toby almost yelled, rushing over to me, setting down a tray of coffee on the floor.

"Holy shit I am so happy your alive." He put his hands on mine and Eric's.

"Toby, why don't you tell him about what happened after the car hit him." Toby nodded and looked back over at me.

He looked me in the eyes. "You rolled right over the hood, then got stuck between the first car, and one that crashed into you .The driver in the one car passed out and had the doors locked so we couldn't get out from between them till the firefighters came, because the hood of the car was on fire. Once you were taken to the hospital, they had to do emergency surgery to sew a patch of skin on your back back. You wouldn't wake up from the anesthesia so they put you up on the top floor a few days ago. Dude, just don't freak out-"

"Toby he has the right to freak about it." Eric said.

"Thanks Eric. Anyways, I suggest that you don't freak out, but you've been in a coma for almost 2 weeks. The doctors didn't think that you would wake up, and that if you didn't by Thursday, they were gonna put you to sleep...., as in they were going to kill you so you didn't have to sleep for the rest of your life." A tear rolled down Tobys cheek. "We all thought you weren't going to wake up but, here you are, awake and obviously ready to get out of this hospital bed" he smiled.

I looked between them, then looked at my arms, bandages all over them. Tears started streaming down my face, same as Eric and Toby, who were now giving me a hug.

"What are you two doing." A nurse said from the door.

"Sorry miss, we're just really happy to see that are friend is awake." Eric said.

"What" she walked over to the bed. "Well look at you, I guess we'll let you out of here. Well not any time soon." She said with a smile. "We gotta wait till we can take all the tubes and stuff outa you."

"Do you think he can walk." Toby asked, as the nurse took the IV out of my arm.

"Well the doctor told us that there was absolutely nothing wrong with the lower half, and that his arms would heal with no scars." She explained.

"And that means....." Eric asked

The nurse giggled. "He can walk" she looked at me. "You should be out of her by dinner time"

A wave of relief washed over me, and I smiled, well sorta.

The two of the looked at me, huge, loving smiles on their faces.

"That's perfect" A tear fell.

This is really crappy and really short, but it's better than nothing I guess. Also I'm sorry that this took forever to be posted, even though it sat in the drafts for 5 months until I edited it.