episode 1

If I could tell my story I'd start by remembering how the little droplets of water covered the mirror. It was indeed a stormy night as we were heading home.
Dad was seated in the driver's seat with just I and my baby brother Alex seated at the passengers seat. Alex seemed to be lost with the game he was playing and dad more focused on the road. The meeting with the principal didn't turn out like I had expected.
Ooh hey there I'm Leonardo by name I'm 19 and I live in New York City with my parents, I'm a black American, but my skin doesn't look more like a black American. I look Latino like my dad. Alex looks more like a black american cause my dad got married to a black woman, Emily by name. She's actually a Nigerian by the way. My family is Fancy, or as well call us rich. Alex is twelve and we both attend the same school. My dad is a billionaire and spends most of his time traveling round. Mum runs a hotel not to far from my school. I'm good looking, I have curly brown hairs. I look more like a model and girls drowl over me a lot.
Opening my phone I soon start chatting with Emma the girl I met online two weeks ago. I immediately felt drawn to her although I've never seen her. She's a Nigerian just like mum is. She's so sweet and is fun to hang around with. I've being learning alot about Nigerian culture and was eager to visit Nigeria maybe someday.
She wasn't online at that time so I chose to go over our previous chat last night.
I found myself smiling as I kept on reading each messages.
Soon dad hits the break making the car jerk to a stop with my phone falling from my hand.
Uum sorry guys but I think I hit something I'd go check he said getting out of the car as he went over to check. Reaching for the umbrella I soon exit the car heading to where dad was standing.
Uum what's the problem dad? I asked holding the umbrella so it was covering both of us. It's the battery. I think it's dead he replied taking off his gloves as he looked round the parking space where our car was packed.
There's no cell phone connection either said Alex coming to join us under the umbrella.
umm guess I should walk down and go get a new battery from that dealership store, suggested dad going to get a flashlight.
Now I think it's best I should go. You stay with Alex I replied taking the torch from him
I'd be back .

Be safe son said dad giving me a hug.
Smiling to them both I hurriedly walked towards the lane leading to the dealership store.
Five minutes later I hear a boom and turning back I see our car on fire. The flashlight falls out of my hand as I ran towards the direction the fire was coming from.
Getting there I found dad lying on the floor, he was badly burnt and Alex was stuck in the car as the iron supplements the chair had pierced through his thighs. He was calling out for help although his voice was low.
The door was locked as I tried harder to open it up. Tears falling from my eyes began to cloud my vision as I batteled to get the door open.  Alex had a big bright smile as he reached for my hand through the mirror.
Take care of mum and tell her I love her,
No Alex I'm gonna get you outta here, hold on.
No Leo it's over....at saying that the car explodes sending me flying over as I landed on my back. My face was burning as pieces of glass has shattered and pierced me.
I could feel my heart racing louder in my chest. Taking a look at the car it was now completely on fire.
The rain falling began to fall heavily as I batteled to get on my feet. The last thing I remembered was seeing a car pulling through with blaring sirens and the running feet's of people coming over.
I remembered being carried up and lights being flashed in my eyes. I battled to stay awake, but still my eyes felt heavy for me to open.

Light out...

Hey guys thanks for the likes and comments on my last book, hope this one gets a lot of likes too.
Next episode coming right up