episode 7

Now that the whole truth of who I was became clear to Leo I guess it was time to start from where we stopped. I could have never imagined that we'd Cross path one day. Combing my hair backward I slowly used my right hand to grab all before running a rubber band to securely hold it firm. Running my hands through my shelf I picked out two of my course text book and a jot pad. Picking my phone from where I was charging it I immediately put it in my bag.
Looking at myself in the mirror I guess I needed to put some makeup on a bit.

Getting downstairs I found Leo busy waiting for me. He was probably lost in the video game he was playing that he didn't notice me walk down the stairs.
Leo_ don't even think of doing that.
I just stop dead track. Let out a scoff as I sit close to him playing with my hair.
Busola_ how did you know I was about doing that?
Leo_ cause I've got eyes behind my head.
Pointing him that hard stare he soon stops smiling as he draws me closer to him.
Leo_ the mirror up there. He replied pointing at the little mirror close to the television.
Busola_ how's your ma
Leo_ she's good. And ooh she asked me to give this special invitation to you.
Leo hands me an invitation for the opening of his mum restaurant.
Busola_ Nice. Wow the menus are superb.
Leo_ glad you liked it. I think we should be heading to school now.
Busola_ yeah sure. I'd ask Simone to take us.
Leo_ no need for that, come I wanna show you something.
He reaches for my hand as we both walk outside.
Leo_ isn't she amazing?
Busola_ yeah she is. Mum gifted you these I guess.
Leo_yeah she did. Come on get in you're driving.
Busola_ hello not perfect with wheels yet. You drive.
Leo_ don't worry I'd teach you. It isn't hard. He said starting the car as he zoomed off into the street heading for school.

Getting to school he slowly parked in the Parking lot.
I watched as he immediately put on his mask and gloves.
Leo_ ready?
Busola_ready.
Stepping out I watched as girls began to drowl over him. But Leo was not quick to notice what was happening.
Leo_ we're having our first lecture in that hall  there. I pointed as we both headed for the hall.
Leo_ it's kinda different out here in Nigeria you know. I'm kinda the black sheep here.
Busola_ you're unbelievable Leo. But you're right. But we're one skin doesn't matter.
Getting to the hall I noticed that everyone was already seated and smiling as we both walked in.
Suddenly a round of applause echoed through the hall as cheers and little trumpet's were blown.

Welcome to Boman's university Leonardo was hoisted up on the marker board.
Look at Leo he had that bright smile of his already on his face.
Kelvin_ yoh guys I want you to meet the coolest, most freshest nigga in town . Let's round it up again for  Le...o.nardo!
Every cheers clapping and smiling.
Take off your mask shouted everyone.
Leo_ okay okay I will .as he slowly took it off.
Every cheers again as we slowly took our seat on the front roll.
Soon Kelvin and Susan joins in.
Leo_ thanks for that man. That really made my day.
Kelvin_ no problemo as long as yah here I do anything for yah.
Susan_ what with the Jamaican accent this morning.
Leo_ ooh baby gal is a long story. You'll better not understand.   replied Leo in the same accent.
Susan and I just look at ourselves surprised and burst out laughing.
Leo_ I've got the invitations I'd share it up during lunch.
Soon the lecturer walks in as the whole class immediately settles down.

************************************************************

Looking over to Leo I see he was intrigued by the lesson going on as he kept on scribbling some points as well as communicating with everyone in class. Kelvin was just playing pranks the whole time. Everyone seemed happy around Leonardo as he also made a couple of close friends.
Soon Tiffany walks up to my seat with her Gull girls group.
Tiffany_ hey there Leonardo. I'm Tiffany mears leader of the Gull girls. Nice meeting you in person. She said stretching forth her hand to shake Leo.
Leo_ hey there. Yeah same here.
Tiffany_ here's my number call me. She said giving him her card.
I watched as Leo slowly put the piece of paper in his book still talking to his new found friends.
Looking at Tiffany she had that bright smile as she just eyes me from head to toe.
It did hurt me, but I chose to ignore her.