episode 5

I'm awoken by the non-stop ringing of my alarm clock. Reaching over to where it was I immediately shut it off.
The next minute my door gets flunged open as I watched mum climb up.
Kissing me softly on the chin she whispers something sweet to my ears and hurries out immediately.
Smiling to myself I immediately get up heading for the bathroom to freshen up.

Getting downstairs I met mum, Ade, and Emma  waiting for me. Emma was dressed in her joggers and had her hair packed in a ponytail style. She was wearing some Nike shoes. She just looked superb.
Ade_ so Leo you're gonna see your new school today. On a scale of ten how Happy are you
Leo_7% I guess
Mum_ seriously I thought you'd be so happy to see your new school?
Leo_ I was before. But now I'm better off trying to adapt.
Looking at Busola I found her chatting with her phone. She seemed unperturbed by our discussion.
Ade_ darling you seem so quiet. Is something borthering you?
Busola_ no dad I'm all good just reading online.
Taking out my phone I put my headphones on and relaxing my back I closed my eyes trying to focus on the music

🎵Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now🎵
🎵Our songs on the radio but it don't sound the same 🎵
🎵When mah friends talk about you, all it does is just tear me down🎵
🎵Cause my heart skip alittle when I hear your name, it just all sounds like 🎵
🎵Oooh Oooh ,Oooh ,Oooh ooooh.🎵

🎵Too young to dumb to realize, that I should have bought you flowers🎵
Mum_ we're here
Busola_ finally. We're here pretty boy, come on.
Ade_ Busola please can you get my iPod for me?
Busola_ sure dad.
Putting on my mask and hand gloves I slowly walked out with my headphone dangling round my neck. I could see a bunch of students seated on the benches outside doing some group reading. Another set dancing and stretching out. They all seemed to be staring at me. Looking at Busola she just gives me that "Nigerian way" look.
Busola_ welcome to Bomans university a place where young aspiring leaders rule. So I'm gonna give you a quick tour round the school as well as showing you to your own department. So what course do you have in mind?
Leo_hmmmmm I guess tourism and hospitality management.
Busola_ that sounds cool then I guess we'd be seeing more.
Leo_ wait is that also what you're studying?
Busola_ yeah. Jinx I guess? She asked smiling.
Leo_ yeah sure I replied smiling back at her.
Well let's say the tour around school was pretty cool. I got to meet the teachers and as well met one crazy dude Kelvin by name.
Busola_ why do you keep on wearing that mask? Is there something you're trying to hide.
Leo_ nah it's just that I......
Just then mum walks in with Ade.
Mum_ Ready to go see our new house?
Leo_ yeah sure. But you never told me it was gonna come through this early.
Mum _ turned out we were first on to do list, so yeah we earned it. Come let's go.
Busola_ I'd stick around for a while I have to go see someone.
Bye.
Leo_ wait aren't you going to see my house first. Like at least know where I live?
Busola_ no need pretty boy you're my next door neighbor.
Leo_ huh? Next door, as in the big blue mansion close to your house?
Busola_ yeah sure. Kissing her dad and my mum on the chin I watched her walk up to her friends. The girls all seemed to be dazed by my look and colour of skin. Guys were just staring, but not too noticable.
Getting into the car I soon shut the door and taking one last look at Busola I just smile and she returns it back with a wave.
I also find myself about to wave back but I stop instantly as I just ignored my feelings a bit. Why do I feel this Aura while she's next to me. Leonardo don't tell me you're going  head hells over her. Smacking my forehead I just relax my back and watched as Ade pulled out with mum still on the phone with the Estate Manager.

        2 weeks later

Getting to my own room everything looked more cozy and spacious.
Taking out my motif drawing I slowly placed it on my cabinet. Mum really outdid this mansion of a thing. Piece of art works were visible everywhere. I wanted mine just simple. I had mum call the interior decorator to make me a shelf where I could arrange my books. A huge mirror hung on the wall. Paper wall arts and some photos of me hanging too. I had the football jerseys of my favorite players also displayed on the wall close to my reading table. Taking one last look at my room I just sat down admiring it all.
Mum walks in with a parcel and hands it over.
Mum_ saw it at the front porch I guess you've got fans already.
Opening it up I see a novel  and a jot pad.
Looking at the letter it just had a message.

   Welcome to your new home

              Oaks.
               Smiling to myself I immediately put the novel in my collection of books and as for the novel. I guess it's high time I start writing too.
Staring out the window I see Busola standing outside with someone I couldn't see, but it was definitely a guy. I find her staring at me and I just wave back.
Shutting the window I sit back on my table and I begin to write from my soul.