Episode 13

(Emma's pov)

      Today was partly cloudy with the sun fighting to at least outshine the clouds. Dad, Leo, Kelvin and I were already at the vet clinic to go pick Bluey up. It turned out Emily fell in love with the cute Bluey as well. He was looking different as his furs were perfectly washed, combed and trimmed. Leo had a new collar with his name on it. He was just happily wagging his tail the moment he saw us all.
Walking to the receptionist we were immediately welcomed warmly with a nice cup of coffee and some chocolate bars.
I watched as Leo played with Bluey while sipping my hot coffee. Kelvin was someplace flirting with the beautiful women who brought their pets to be checked.
My phone soon bings as I reach for it from my bag.
Luke.
Then the memories of that night hit me really bad.
Placing the phone to my ears I could tell he was waiting anxiously for me to say something.
Hey Luke
Luke_Hey Emma, How are you doing?
I'm good thanks. How are you?
Luke_ cool. So I was thinking you'd come over for my birthday party with your friends.
Hearing that my heartbeat calmed Abit.
Luke_ Hello. Emma are you there?
Yeah yeah I'm here. So when is your birthday?
Luke_ Tomorrow
Ok I'd be there. Thanks.
Luke_ yeah sure bye.
Bye. I replied smiling.

Taking a look I found Emily already with the others.
Ade_ I think this calls for a celebration.
Yeah sure chorused everyone as we all stepped outside Heading for CJ'S HUB.

Back at home.
Picking out my phone I dialed Susan's number it rang twice no answer. Just as I was about dialing it the third time her call came through.
Girl guess what?
Susan_uhmmm you and Leo had a fight again?
No no. It's Luke.
Susan_ what's with Luke? Don't tell me he's stalking you again.
No no Susan. He invited me to come over to his party tomorrow and I don't really know what to wear.
Susan_ you sure you wanna go over. Like you  know you______.
Yeah I know. I just have to be there for him you know. He has always being there for me.
Susan_oh Kay. I'd drop in by three this evening I know one popular boutique where you'd get beautiful outfits for a birthday party.
Ok see you by three then.
Susan_ yeah sure bye.

Just then dad walks in with Leo and kelvin.  They had been busy preparing lunch with I and Emily waiting for the food.
Leo_sooooo?
I told her already. She's coming over by three. That's cool for now come taste what we've made.
Emily_its about time.  Come on Emma let's see how far they can cook.
Taking a seat. I watched as the meal was placed on the dinning table with dad dishing for everyone.
We said a short prayer and began to eat afterwards.
Emily_ wow!
Leo_ I knew you'd love it mum.
Kelvin_ omoh boys sabii. He said smiling as he ate more.
Emily_ Kelvin!
Kelvin_ you feel me Mrs Emily?
I watched as Leo and dad kept staring at me to give my own remark.
This is really good. I love the sauce cause it's Soo tasty with the rice. The rice is Abit tender. But I still love it.  Nice job.

Dad_ you all are heading for the party tomorrow?
Yeah dad.
Emily_ Good luck you all. Uhmmm I'm heading to New York tomorrow. So for the next two weeks I'm leaving all to Ade. You guys behave. Leonardo! , Kelvin!. Kelvin!
Kelvin_ your highness. teases Kelvin with his mouth full of chicken.
Everyone bursts out laughing out loud.

3:00

    Susan came in right on time as we both stepped out heading for the boutique which was just around the estate.
Susan _afternoon ma'am
Attendee_ afternoon. What can I get you beautiful ladies.
I'd like a party outfit. Like for a birthday party ma'am.
Attendee_ please follow me.
Susan_ I knew I could count on you guys. As I watched her pick the black con dress with white sneakers.
Uhmmm not sure about that.
Susan_ it's better or do you wanna go in skinny pants and this off shoulder top?
I kinda love the gown buts it's Abit revealing. I'd try both and go for the one which wins your heart.
Susan_sure

Walking out I found Susan and the attendee looking at me with their mouth open.
Uhhm are you guys cool with it. I knew you wouldn't like it
Susan_ shut the fuck up. This black con dress it is honey. Said Susan letting my hair drop.
Attendee_ it fits you perfectly honey.
Then I'm going to buy it.
I payed for my gown and stepped out with Susan as we headed for Leo's house.
Getting in we were both welcomed by Bluey who was busy playing tag with Leo, Kelvin and John.
Dad was helping Emily get her bags into the car as she was leaving for the airport already.
I watched as Leo hugged her and the way she hugged him back kissing him on his forehead. She whispered something to him which made him smile out loud.
It somehow reminded me of my mum. God bless her soul.

Going to her I hug her immediately as she does the same.
Emily_ take care of my boy for me.
Yeah sure. Go and come home safely.
Smiling at me she enters the car.
Kelvin Susan John  waved as we all watched the car zoom off.

Who wants some popcorn?
I do. Chorused everyone as we headed for the living room. Bluey was first to get in the house as he sat on his playmate waiting for everyone to come in.
Leo makes for the television with John and kelvin helping me get the drinks. Susan and I got ourselves busy with the popcorn.

We all ended up watching captain jack.
By 8:00pm Susan, Kelvin and John made for their respective homes with just I , Bluey and Leo left.
Looking over at Leo I found him asleep with Bluey wrapped around him.
Standing up I went for the kitchen first to get a drink before turning the television down. I decided to clean up and before I was done it was already 8:15pm. Dad came in a minute later as he headed for his room to go freshen up. Leo came down all dressed up in his pj and Bluey chewing on his false bone toy.
Taking one last glance at Leo he smiled back at me still watching his favorite show. I guess my eyes at a time began to drop slowly.