episode 2

The soft whispers of someone has me fighting hard to open my eyes, but still it felt dark.
I could only see through two round holes as my skin felt so close to the clothes on my face
Mum_ Leonardo can you hear me. called out the voice helping me to sit up. I realized it was mum as I could see heavy black eye bags on her eyes.
Leo _ Why is it so dark in here? I asked trying to feel my face. Looking at my hands and the rest of my body I noticed I was bandaged allover.
Mum_ Ooh! thank goodness you're alive she cried hugging me.
Leo_Why am I here?
Don't you remember asked mum looking straight into my eyeballs.
Leonardo_ taking the mirror from mum I slowly raised it towards my face and at seeing the heavy bandages I'm shocked.
Mum_ You've being in a comma for the past two months Leo. Your dad and Alex couldn't make it I'm sorry . She said as I watched the nurse Pat her gently as she wept.
Flashes of the fire incident became fresh in my memories I also wept, but it wasn't visible cause I was bandaged all through.
Leo_ I guess my skin is looking awful.
Mum_yeah it is, but you have undergone plastic surgery. I guess you'd be taking the bandages off sooner or later.
A moment of silence passed by and suddenly the door was opened and I'm came the doctor and a nurse tagging behind.
Doctor_ Hello there Leonardo, I can see you're wide awake. thanks  for coming back to us he said putting his gloves on.
Doctor _ It's time to take your dressing off. He said as he began to untie the bandages.
With every minute passing by I feared for how the result of the surgery would come out.
Looking over at mum I found her eyes wide open and her mouth half way open before a smile began to form on her face.
Taking the mirror from the nurse I closed my eyes counting to five slowly
1

2

3

4

5....
Opening my eyes I immediately fell in love with myself. There was no visible scared on my face anymore. I had well defined chin and my eyes had this sparkel in them. I was totally handsome.

Doctor_ Wow exclaimed doctor Williams examining my face. You're all good to go home now. He said to mum as he immediately left the room.
Mum_ Look at this, the doctor requested you start wearing them cause of the sun.
Leo_ A glove and a mask? Mum! No!!!
Mum_ young man it's for your own safety. Said mum going over to the shelf to get my things.

I'd leave you to change now, I'd be waiting outside said mum exiting the room.
Looking by my bed I found a pair of my Nike shoes my joggers with a hoodie and also the glove and mask.
******************************

Looking at myself in the mirror I felt uncomfortable walking outside where everybody would actually start staring at me.
Putting on my hoodie I immediately walked towards the exit door.
I found mum on the phone and at seeing me she immediately cut the call walking over.
Mum_ let's go home.
Leo_ yeah let's go home.

The house didn't change for a bit. I remembered Alex sitting on the front porch playing his video games, dad in his garden busy harvesting or  planting new vegetables.
I remember myself just swimming in the pool.
Mum seemed to have noticed me just lost in thought.
Mum_ come on hunny, we need to go inside the sun is getting pretty hot today. She said as I watched her struggling with the  grocery bags.
Helping her to carry the last bag I immediately shut the door behind me .
So much had changed in the past two months. The house was pretty much empty now. The curtains were swaying with the direction of the wind. I watched as mum began to arrange the groceries in the fridge.
Leo_ uum mum I'd be in my room.
Mum_ okay hunny dinner will be ready soon. Go freshen up and please do take off your mask and gloves.
Leo_ okay.
Using the elevator I imputed the number of the room.
The ding sound soon tells me I'm at my destination.
Stepping out with my bag I slowly made for my room. Stopping Midway I soon stop by Alex room.
Turning the knob slowly I swallowed hard as I walked in. It was pitch dark. Reaching for the switch I immediately turned on the lights.
Taking off my mask and gloves I immediately put it in my backpack as I ran my hands through Alex stuffs. On his bedstand stood a photograph of both of us at my basketball practice. I remember him hitting me hard that I ended up losing my front tooth. Smiling to myself I immediately dropped the photo still running my hands on every bit of his things. Tears of emotions seemed to have taken over me as I just poured my heart out.
Mum_ you know he loved that so much.
Looking at the door I found mum busy wiping her hands with the napkin before putting it back in her apron.
Taking a seat on the bed with me she slowly began to rub my back slowly.
Leo_ You know mum, he was happily smiling even while he was in pain, I tried to save him. But I couldn't. I said wiping my eyes with the back of my palms. I watched mum also cry.
Drawing her into a warm hug I cried on her shoulders.
Mum_ I know honey, don't blame yourself for not being able to save him. He's in a better place. Watching us. So is Dad. Said mum wiping her tears as we both watched the stars in the sky.
Leo_ yeah they are. I replied smiling Abit.
Mum_ so I was thinking we should go someplace. Nigeria?
Leo_ yeah sure, it's best cause this house reminds me more about what we've lost.
Mum_ We'd leave tomorrow. I've booked our flights too.

Logging into my Facebook I checked up on Emma. There were tons of messages from her.
Luckily she was online so I texted her first. She seemed to be mad at first as she sends me an angry face emoji. I started off by sending her a flower, then a cute puppy dog eyes.
She immediately sends me the smiley face emoji meaning we were good to go.

Emma_ seriously you got me worried 😔. Where have you been?
Leo_ I'm sorry Emma, had a lot going on lately. Sorry I kept you outdated.
Emma_ nah I'm all good, so what's the weather like over there?
Leo_ it's cool , it's actually late now, in bed and also I'm coming over to your country tomorrow.
At seeing the message she sends the surprised look emoji
Emma_😳😳😳😱 wtf tell me you aren't joking?
Leo_ no I'm not I'm coming over for real I replied smiling to myself as I waited patiently for her to finish typing.
Emma_ I'm so excited you're coming over, can't wait to finally see you in person.  I gotta go. I'm late for school already.
Leo_ yeah, we'd talk when you're back. I replied sending her the sleeping emoji.
Smiling to myself I immediately logged out.
Looking at the windows one last time I slowly drifted off to sleep

Finally it's time to go on a trip.
Nigeria baby 😛😛
100likes and comments to unlock next chapter. Let's get going