Chapter 11

"Tell us everything!!! WE KNEW this would happen!! You looked so good too! No wonder he blurted his feelings out like that!" Megan screams while we all gather together in our cabin. 

It's the weekend after nationals and we are on spring retreat with our youth group. We all were huddled around together and they wanted to hear my story. It was all off my close friends so I trusted them enough. Heather didn't come to our youth group so she wasn't ever there. 

"Well it wasn't much honestly, just an honest conversation. BUT I have to look nice tonight!! Who wants to get me ready for him?"

"I'll do your make up!" "You can wear my shirt!" "I'll heat up the curling iron!" Amber, Megan and Lyla say in union. 

When they are finished, I'm wearing a pink top, with jean and cute shoes. I grab a sweatshirt in case it gets cold and head to dinner. Once in the cafeteria, Sterling sees me and smiles, I can't resist his smile it makes me melt. 

"You look really pretty tonight.." he says with a shy grin.

"Thank you! What's for dinner tonight?"I ask.

"I cook spaghetti, just for you!" He says with a raise of his eyebrows.

"HAHA very funny" I tease.

With that we grab a plate and go sit down with our friends. 

"I don't want to go back to school this week." Is the topic everyone seems to be on. I pick at my food and even though I'm starving I can't seem to eat. I guess I was just nervous or something to eat. 

"Why aren't you eating?" Mariah whispers to me.

"I guess I'm not that hungry, I'll eat snacks when we get back to the cabin later tonight." I whisper back. Is this going to be a new thing? I get so nervous I don't feel comfortable eating around him? I take a breadstick and eat it, and move on from the thought. 

Later that night, I'm back in the cabin after spending the night playing games in the cold and I'm actually starving. My friends all suggest we make videos and do some funny workouts and that's exactly what we do.  We are up until 1 or 2 in the morning being nothing but young, dumb teenage girls. Everyone crashes around the same time though which was good, I think everyone who wasn't being as crazy was annoyed they couldn't sleep. As I'm laying in bed that night, I drift to sleep and the first thing I see is him. 

The next morning I'm woken by a pillow getting slapped on my head, the worst part is it's a pillow pet and the velcrow decided to get stuck and rip out a chunk of my hair... Thankfully I have a ton of hair so it wasn't noticable but it hurt like hell. When I wake up I see fruit snacks all over my bed..

"Ok so the fruit snacks may have been a risk but nothing was waking you up!" Mariah laughs.

It's well known that I love my sleep, but I also am the hardest person in the world to wake up, espescially when I'm in the middle of dreaming. Sterling was in my head all night because I saw him from the moment I closed my eyes to the moment I strangled awake. 

"Get up we have to go to breakfast!" Lyla screams jokingly. 

The only thing motivating me to get up is Sterling being at breakfast and if he's not I'm going straight back to bed.  Sure enough he's there and my friends share the wonderful story of my hair being ripped from my scalp. Honestly, I don't care, I know he hates waking up too so he understands. 

We go back to the cabin to get ready for the group game activity and make sure we have everything we need before walking to meet the rest of the crew, this years group game is going to be crazy. It's an amazing race, there's tons of obstacle courses so you know that'll be fun. Me and Megan are the girls volenteered to run the race for our team, everyone else participates in other ways but we are the fastest. I hate and I mean HATE running..but I want to win so I'll run as fast as I can as long as it's not for to long.