Chapter 21

"Mind if I steal your ride?" Mason asks with a smug grin.

He has to get in the Cart anyways so why would he ask such a dumb question? Is he flirting? Or is he just trying to make our encounter not so awkward? Probably the second option.

"Go right ahead! This cart is decent, not to slow." I try to sound chill. As I get start to get out of the Cart, I realize it's a little harder then I remember. When Mason notices he takes my hand and helps me out of the vehicle. His grip is firm and his veins begin to pop through his skin as he lifts me out. I'm impressed by his manners, I wouldn't have expected that act of kindess. Wow...I'm really blowing this out of proportion,  it's just a friendly gesture that I need to chill the heck out about. I find myself becoming jealous in my head, at the thought of another girl doing something similar yet so minor with Sterling. I would be absolutely beside myself if  a girl were having those thoughts towards him so why on earth am I thinking about Mason like that? I need to snap out of this.

"Hey what's up?" Mason's sidekick asks me.

"Hey nothing much! Have you ridden yet?"

"No, I'm waiting on a certain cart. I use it every year."

"What?" I ask laughing.

"Yeah I know it's weird I just have an atttachment!"

"Ok, whatever you say. Where are you from?"

"I live about 2 hours from here, what about you?"

"Yeah same here."

From there we jsut continue the small talk and eventually his special cart gets around the track for him to ride. By this time Mason is already back on the benches with us so now we are left alone with the other random campers in the activity. Mason and I just have random conversation until it's my turn to ride again. As I'm walking towards my car, I notice the two boys start to whipser which intrigues me to wonder what it could be about. I start thinking about the things we talked about as I'm driving, I told him a little about Sterling and he told me a little about his girlfriend back home. We talked about our siblings and how he ended up all the way at Brookhaven instead of a camp closer to where he leaves. His older brother had connections with people who went to camp and once he went they all started going. His older brother was a counselor for one year, but eventually got a job back home for the summer. It was somewhat encouraging finding out he had a girl back home, I just felt like we can hangout all week and not worry about how eachother may or may not feel knowing we both have people we are going home to.

The rest of the day's activities fly by really quickly, in my DRAMA activity I get the lead role and I cannot wait to play it. It'll hopefully speak to a lot of people.
My mind races to what Mason will think of the performance, if he will be affected by it in anyway. I don't know why I care.
Once DRAMA is over I head to my last activity to find out that my brother is also there, he had had a great day so far.

"Fancy seeing you here." 

I quickly turn to see Mason and Wyatt. Their eyes look to my brother as if to ask how I knew him.

"This is my brother, what are you to doing here?" I ask both of them.

"Following you around I guess!" Says Wyatt.

I was starting to wonder but I know they obviously didn't make the schedules. So the thought quickly left my mind.

"It appears so." I said sarcastically.

All of a sudden a whistle blew and everyone jerked their heads. This activity was called Hodge Podge, so we do a lot of random games and team building activities. It's like PE in a way. I noticed Mason had already reached out to another younger boy, he looked a little similar to him. He must've saw me looking because he said,

"Looks like both of our brothers are with us." With a beautiful smile. My goodness he was truly gorgeous. I couldn't take my eyes off him. But I knew I wasn't ever going to see him again after this week and I had more important things going on at home with Sterling. Why ruin that over a pretty boy I would never see again?

"Someone obviously knew what they were doing when created this group." I said smiling back.

There is was again. That smile. That grin. I had to stop. I just needed to get through the week focusing on myself and my own spiritual growth, and other friendships but I knew with his pearly whites showing he was going to make it extremely difficult.