Chapter 6

The day of my dreaded history test approaches, I've been study long hours with Lizza to make sure I get this right. I'm extremely confident today but it's still nerve wracking. I had already apologized twice to my teacher about my lack of knowledge on the last test, I assured her I was studying hard for the next one. I just didn't want her to think I was slacking or not respecting her in class by not paying attention. I'm kind of what you would call a kiss-ass but I really didn't try to be, I just sought after people's approval to much. 

In the weeks before, Lizza and I grew closer through our study dates, she also played volleyball on a younger team so she came to the tournament we had just this past weekend. 

During the test, I feel confident in my answers, the matching wasn't difficult but the essays are a pain. Lizza and I sat next to eachother, and she finishes almost 20 minutes before I do, she's one of the first people done. I knew I picked a good partner, she had even said it helped her know more by helping me study! So I was glad we were able to help eachother. 

Finishing the last paragraph feels great. My hand was starting to cramp from writing so much. My essay answers made sense and gave an accurate representation of the Punic War, I knew I had nailed this test! I gather my stuff and quietly exit the room, I'm one of the last ones done because I reviewed my answers several times. 

"How do you feel Ali?!" Lizza smiles.

"I feel really good about it! Thank you so much for helping me study!" 

I hear foot steps behind me following the words "You two studied together?" 

The smirk on Heather's face sends a chill up my spine. What is it with her sticking her nose in everything? 

"Yeah we studied a lot! I think she's going to get a good grade!" Lizza says to the snake. 

"I feel a lot better about this test then the last one that's for sure!" I say, to shake her off. 

"Yeah I heard you failed it! You must've been willing to do anything to get your grade back up! I wondered why you both wanted to sit together, I didn't think you were that good of friends." Heather says.

What is she getting at? Sometimes I think she just talks because she wants to be heard. Studying with Lizza wasn't bad at all. I don't mind that I actually have to study to get good grades. 

"Yeah, studying with Lizza really helped, we had a lot of fun together, um I'm gonna go eat Lizza, thanks for everything again." I ramble just trying to get away from Heather. I hear something about "funny how she doesn't want to sit with you now" and just keep walking. I'm so done with her games. 

"Are you all packed and ready to go Ali?" Erin and Megan say in union.

"YES, I'm so ready for time away, I've never been to Disney World either! So I think it's going to be a great trip!"

I was leaving for Florida on next week, and my friends no that when I have big trips like that, I pack early because I feel like it gets here sooner. My family had a bunch of points we had to use by the end of the year so we are going to Disney for the first time! 

"I have so many cute outfits picked out! I know that this won't happen again for a long time so I'm taking tons of pictures and if they're posted, I need to look decent. I'm sure there will be a bunch of dreamy surfer boys down there too, and since I won't ever be seeing them again it's ok to crush on them while waiting in line for rides. " I say.

Laughter fills the room, "There's the Ali we know!" and I laugh along with them. 

While at lunch, I can't help but think about Heather, Lizza and the history test. I wish Mrs. SaddleBack would just grade it right now so there wouldn't be anymore suspense. I guess I'll just have to wait until Friday to get it back with the rest of the class and then off to Disney World we go.