Chapter 13

It's not until Moday that Sterling returns to school, I've picked out my dark jeans, classic-white fitted shirt, a black cardigan and brown slip on shoes. I have my hair straighten whick took me 45 minutes to do the night before. My hair is so thick, so when I spend that much time on it for someone, they better feel important.

I can't help but give the biggest hug when he walks inside. I don't care who sees, I missed him and I wanted to show him that. Emailing wasn't enough, it'll never be better then physical holding him. He looks better then ever, has he lost weight? His hair is longer then ever and I love it. I've never really been attracted to his looks only, his personality and kindness, but now he's REALLY caught my attention.

"It's just because you have the sweets for him, that's why you think he's hot all of a sudden." Megan rolls her eyes playfully.

"I don't know, look at him! He has probably lost about 10-15 pounds, his hair is a little longer and I can see past the braces."

"I guess so." She shrugs and walks to class while I'm still standing there admiring him from my locker while he talks to Andy.

The bell startles my thoughts and I head to class. Thankfully I have first period with him,

"Hey stranger.." he playfully teases.

"Are you new here? I think I would've notoiced you before!" I joke. I see Marvel in the hallway while walking with Sterling and shoot him a quick smile. I guess he took that as a sign to walk over to us.

"Hey Sterling, Ali was telling me about your concussion! I hope your feeling better!" Marvel kindly remarks, but I notice a frown start to take over his smile. I look at Sterling who looks..angry?

"Thanks, I'm feeling better." He responds shortly.

The bell rings again but we are standing right outside the door so it's fine.

"I'll see you in biology Ali, glad you're feeling better Sterling." and with that Marvel heads to his class.

"I really don't like him." the words roll off Sterlings tongue.

"Why not? He was being nice." I defend Marvel.

"Have you two been talking or something?"

Where is he taking this? "Well yes, he's my lab partner for our final in Biology. He's really nice, I've been talking to him throughout the week because he's been asking why I seem down. So I told him about your injury."

"We have to be in class, just don't worry about it." he walks in leaving me in the door way.

I go to sit next to him in class but he sits at Heather's table and there isn't another seat left. I find an empty seat before the teavher even notices I'm late. I can't help but watch him the entire class, he seems depressed. I don't understand why Marvel is such a big deal to him. We are just friends, he has been talking to me about another girl and I've been talking to him about Sterling, what's the issue?

"I hope you're feeling better Sterling, we've all been really concerned for you." Heather whispers at her table, well her attempt at a whisper. I know I can't really whisper either but I think it was intential for her to say it as loud as she did.

Sterling smiles and thanks her. He's still not 100% himself but better then the last 20 minutes. I can't help but feel jealously in the pit of my stomach. I literally cannot stand her talking to him, especially knowing she's just doing it to torment me, not because she actually cares.

The bell finally dismisses us from class, I really want to go talk to Sterling but I don't want to over do anything or act like a jealous girlfriend when I can't even be his girlfriend. I just decide to walk to my locker and get to my next class, I don't want to deal with this today. I can't feel bad about Marvel being my lab partner, and I'm not just going to not be his friend because of Sterling..I would do that but I really shouldn't have to. Marvel is a good guy, he's harmless. It's not like he would purposely sabatoge my friendship/relationship or whatver it is with Sterling, Heather on the other hand would do something like that, her track record is living proof of that. I have every right to be jealous, he does not. I know my track record of being boy crazy is bad too but Sterling needs to know I'm only crazy about him, he doesn't need to worry about others being a problem.