Tre Cool, The One-Nut Wonder

Billie's POV

"So you're definitely coming to the show tomorrow?" I asked Emma, several hours later, as she and I walked through the house, towards the front door.

"Ana! Let's go, we're leaving!" Emma shouted at Anastasia, who was sitting on the couch with Mike, watching some stupid television show.

"Aww...do we have to?" Anastasia asked, making no move to get up.

"Yes," Emma said, before turning back to me. "I'm sorry, Billie, what were you saying?"

"You are coming to the show tomorrow, aren't you?" I repeated.

"Yes, of course I'll be there," she replied, as we reached the front door.
Emma tugged the door open with a large heave, and started to head out. She turned back to me at the last second, and gazed sympathetically into my eyes. "Are you sure you'll be okay? I hate leaving you like this..." she said.

"I'll be fine," I answered, not meeting her eyes. I didn't really want her to go yet. Emma's eyes softened even more, as she brought her hand up to my cheek and said, "I worry about you, Billie."

"I'm fine, really. I'm just kind of worried about the whole Ruby thing," I said.
Emma sighed.

"Well...do you mind if I stay for a while?" she asked hesitantly.

"Not at all," I replied, feeling a bit relieved. Emma grinned, as she stepped back through the door and followed me into the house.

"Change of plans, Ana, we're staying for a while," she said to Anastasia, who was still sitting next to Mike on the couch; she hadn't moved an inch.

I laughed, as the two of us climbed onto the couch next to Mike and Anastasia to watch TV with them. Emma sat down next to Mike and propped her feet up on the foot rest, and I sat down on her other side and leaned against her shoulder. It took me a few minutes to realize that Mike and Anastasia were watching 'General Hospital.'

"Why the hell are we watching this?" I asked, picking my head up to look at the two of them.

"It's a good show, Billie. Really touching," Mike answered, and I could tell he had probably had a few too many beers. Emma laughed, as I settled down into the couch to watch the show. It was a few minutes later that I noticed that Emma's breathing had become slower and more drawn out. I looked over at her to see that she had fallen asleep, just like that. I didn't know how she could sleep through all the noise, but she did. The television was blaring, and the guys were yelling at the top of their lungs in the other room, playing pool, and still she slept. I smiled to myself, before settling back into the couch to watch the stupid TV show.

Many hours later, I opened my eyes and looked around, only to find that it was dark outside, and all the guys had disappeared from the pool table. How long had I been asleep? As I sat there and tried to wake myself up, I slowly became aware of a heavy feeling settled across my legs. I looked down to find Emma sprawled across my lap, sleeping peacefully.

Mike was stretched out on the couch next to her, with Anastasia curled up in his arms. I had to admit, they would make a cute couple. I smiled to myself, before yawning a bit, and attempting to stretch out. Big mistake. While trying to move my leg around a bit, I accidentally kneed Emma in the head, and she immediately let out a moan of pain.

"If you want me to get up just tell me...you don't have to resort to physical abuse..." she mumbled, picking her head up and rubbing it tenderly.

"Sorry. I was trying to stretch," I said.

Emma yawned and rolled over onto her back. "How long have we been asleep?" she asked tiredly.

"I don't know...it was like, four or so when we fell asleep, I think," I said.
Emma reached over and picked up Mike's arm so that she could see his watch.