Chapter 10: The Tired Harbor

Narrator's POV:

„Huff Huff Huff, shit I'm just barely making it." Mikel was catching for breath while running through the outskirts.

Further away a bypassing Octoling patrol sees him running through the Outskirts.

A young recruit asks "Why is that huge Inkling running so fast? Is he transporting something important?"

"Nah that's just Mikel who is probably late for his Sunday meeting at the bar.", the leader answered "But this is bad since my boyfriend is just about to finish his Sunday work for today."

"You mean Andrew? Why's that a problem?"

"Let's say those two can't stand each other..." she sighted.

Mikel's POV:

Mikel just manages to barge into the bar before the clock hit 14:00 "Made it....ufffffffffffff."

"Pah damn I lost my bet," Grizzlo said with crossed arms.

"Looks like our first round goes on you, you old egg basked." Marco was grinning from one ear to another.

"Shut up, Mikel what are you standing around? Move your lazy ass over here."

Mikel sat down with them at a table near the counter catching his breath. "Nice.... Huff ..... to see ya guys today."

Grizzlo: "Why are you out of breath that much today? Did you oversleep again?"

Mikel: "Nah I got held up by Skarlet."

Grizzlo: "Who is Skarlet?"

Marco: "That octoling you two brought back from the nightshift. Her name is Skarlet."

Grizzlo: "So that's her name and it wasn't US, it was HIM who brought her back. I just gave them a ride."

Marco: "Which already surprises me to no end, since you're so bitchy about your Truck."

Mikel: "C'mon shut it Marco. Anyway, I want to talk about my nightshift next week."

Grizzlo: "Aha, well but first I want to know a few things about you and that octoling of yours."

Mikel: "First her name is Skarlet! Skaaarleeet! OK and second why do you want to know about her?"

Grizzlo: "Since you took you time getting here Marco started sharing some interesting information about you and your lovely octoling getting to know each other."

Mikel turned from copper to red on the spot and turned to Marco with a threatening voice: "Maaaaarco~ what did you tell him?"

Marco: "Oh just about how you two looked like a couple when you were feeding her, - "Mikel started glowing red from embarrassment and anger "- and I was just about to explain Grizzlo her amnesia, but I'll better leave that to you now."

Mikel: "Why me?"

Grizzlo: "Because I want to hear all the juicy stuff that happened too."

Mikel: "That's not going happen, no way, I'm not telling you." "How by the damn mothership should I explain them she doesn't even know what a >Good night story< is?"

Grizzlo: "Oh then I have no interest about what you want for your nightshift next week."

Mikel: "Piece of Salmon shit!"

Marco: "Oh now he's mad."

Grizzlo: "So how about it?"

Mikel: "Alright Griz....... But if you two start laughing, I swear you two are flying out of here!"