Chapter 20.5: The sick Octoling Commander

A/N: Let's give Mikel a small break and see how two of my side characters are doing.

Narrator's POV:

While Skarlet's doing much better now due to her constant training and Mikel's fleeing towards his work to get at least a tiny break from his crazy Octoling, why don't we take take a look into the life of Andrew the Hate-friend of Mikel and Lea the Octoling-commander of the old Outpost at the border of the Outskirts.

Lea's POV:

Lea and most of her troops were having terrible headaches and their noses were dripping with ink, for the whole day.

"ACHOOOOOOOO!", Lea sneezed and groaned: "Why does this have to happen now?" "Damn, one of those girls which had cooking duty must've been infected."

Only a handful of Octolings were not sick. Those've been on patrol yesterday and couldn't join for lunch. Now they were running through the outpost, from the infirmity to the personal quarters to look after their ill companions. The whole outpost was a mess and if some straying octotroopers or if a few wandering salmons would show up, barely any of them would be able to fight.

"Just when I had planned a....a......ACHOOOO a weapon inspection for worst case scenarios.", she mumbled to herself while watching after the clouds from her window. Thus, she didn't notice that someone has arrived, until the door closed, startling her.

As she looked over to the door, Lea could make out a familiar person through her blurry vision. "What are you doing here Sweetie?", she asked while trying to sit up.

From the door, her boyfriend Andrew came over to her bed and kneeled right next to her. "I'm here to nurse you back to good health.", he said with such a sweet smile, as his black shades reflected the sunlight, that Lea couldn't help but to smile by herself.

"Thank you.", she answered.

Andrew's POV:

Andrew knew his girlfriend was a hard-working woman, but even she couldn't take care of her outpost while being sick. Well, that's why he took off from his work for the next couple days, to look after Lea.

"She's always overworking herself, and now since all this happened, she must feel quite frustrated.", he thought to himself. "Well first things first."

He went to the storeroom to get a huge amount of fresh blankets and pillows to change the beds of the sick. While he was changing the bed of Lea, he also instructed the other helping Octolings to do the same for the other ones and to put everything into the washing room.

Just when he was finished, Andrew heard a rumbling sound coming from Lea, which made her ears glow red. "Someone seems to be hungry here? Don't worry, I'm going to get you something to eat." Except for Lea and very few Octolings, no one of her squad could cook, which means they haven't eaten yet.

Without further ado, Andrew went down into the small canteen and started cooking a few pots of stew, so it would be enough for the whole Outpost.

---small timeskip of a chibi Andrew working with a chef's uniform, while a chibi Lea along with her troops were watching---

Narrator's POV:

While the healthy Octolings distributed the food to their comrades, Andrew fed Lea personally and gave her some medicine afterwards.

"Say, why did you look so upset when you looked out of the window back there?", Andrew asked his girlfriend after she swallowed the medicine.

"Ugh, so you noticed............Well the problem is, that I had an equipment inspection prepared for today, since most of it is in a bad state. But as it stands now, even a few straying Octotroopers could take over this Outpost, because we wouldn't be able to defend ourselves.", she had a depressing expression when she said this.

"Well if it's nothing else..........", he stood up and headed towards the door.

"Wait where are you-", *wumms* "-going?" Lea couldn't even finish her sentence as Andre already left for the amory.

Andrew's POV:

Inside the armory Andrew's eyes shot wide open. "Jeez, now wonder she instructed an inspection. This place is a mess!" Weapons were scattered all over the floor, the shelves were empty and in the corner was a huge mountain of badly maintained weapons.

"This is going to take a while............", he sighted and started maintaining every single one of them.

---Timeskip with Andrew furiously cleaning all the weapons---

Narrator's POV:

After he finished maintaining their whole equipment, Andrew went to check on Lea once more, but she was already sleeping due to her sickness.

Thus, Andrew went on a patrol together with two other Octolings from Lea's troops around the Outpost.

When he came back Lea was still sleeping, so he gave a small kiss to her and wished her a good night as he headed home from his eventful day.

Narrator's POV:

Andrew came to the outpost for a couple days afterwards. Always taking over the workload of the Octolings and doing the chores from the Outpost. Until Commander Lea was back to full health.

First, she yelled at the Octolings that were on cooking duty on that day, then she passionately kissed Andrew and afterwards they had a small thank-you-party at their Outpost.

---Large Timeskip brought to you by a chibi Andrew watching over a sleeping chibi Lea---

Andrew's POV:

A few weeks later Andrew was lying in his bed, having a fever. "Ugh, I feel like I'm dying... damn why does this hurt so much?" Then he heard the door to his apartment being opened and someone was walking towards his door.

"Who is it?", he weakly said as someone was knocking.

Then the door opened and standing there was Lea, with a backpack and a first-aid-kit.

"I'm here to nurse you back to health.", she said with a warm smile.

A/N: This chapter is also written for the great Amino-artist "Agent4-Lea-Laura", which drew the picture of Mikel.