Chapter 12: Nightmares (Part 1)

Skarlet's POV:

Skarlet was restlessly turning around in her sleep.

She was with three other Octolings and they were talking about something funny. Or was she the one they were laughing at?

Even though she was mad over their attitude, they seemed to mean a lot to her. It felt like she knew them for a long time and she had a feeling of pride when she saw them.

The room they were in, immediately turned darker as soon as a female shadow with dark shades came into the room and grabbed her at her wrist.

Skarlet couldn't get rid of the shadow and as she turned to the Other Octolings to yell for help, her face froze.

Another shadow with shades stood at the end of the room, but this time it seemed to be a male.

Two of the Octolings to which she was talking before stood next to the male shadow.

One on the left.

One on the right.

But where was the third one?

Skarlet's gaze went down to the floor to see a pool of ink and inside laid the third Octoling.

Her chest had a huge hole in it, her face left without any expression, but her bloodshot eyes........ were staring right at her.

"This is your fault!" they were telling.

Skarlet started to scream in agony.

But no voice came out of her mouth.

Then the room started to change, she was now sitting together with another group.

But this time she saw only shadows. They all had different colors but seemed to get along really well.

She was also wearing a beautiful jacket and felt so secure around those shadows.

As she looked around, she noticed two green shadows.

One in a light green.

One in a dark green.

The one in the dark green color emitted such a strange aura around him, it immediately attracted herself to him.

She knew that this dark green shadow could end all her suffering, but as she saw him with the light green one, something awakened inside her.

She stood up, but the moment she started to move, her legs gave in and the room went dark.

Skarlet couldn't feel her legs anymore, while she stared into the dark frightened.

Then the light green and dark green shadows appeared at the end of a dark hallway staring in her direction.

Skarlet called out for them.

But no voice came out her mouth again.

Both shadows started to turn away from her and started walking into the light.

Skarlet crawled in their direction as fast as she could, but the darkness was faster and started to engulf her.

In her despair she tried to call the shadows once more.

But to no avail, since no voice came out of her mouth.

She then realized it was over, no matter how much she screamed, she couldn't reach them.

Without any more power to move on, she let go of the floor she was crawling on and let herself fall into the darkness.

It felt like she was falling for an eternity.

There was so much she wanted to say but she never could.

As the fall went on a see full of black ink formed below her and in the last moments of her fall she was able to speak one word.

..........."Leon".........

Then she crushed into something else............................................

Skarlet woke up breathing heavily with her eyes staring at a wooden ceiling. It took her minutes to figure out where she was. She was at Mikel's shack after.......... After he brought her back from his work.

Her head was hurting so much it was unbearable, but slowly the pain went away.

"What was that dream about?"

Just when she tried to remember her dream, she noticed there was nothing.

Skarlet knew she dreamt of something important, but her memories weren't coming back.

"When will I regain my memories? I am so sick of this."

She then tilted her head to the side to see the door has been left open and on the other side Mikel was sleeping on the couch if you could call it that way.

His lower legs were sticking over the arm-rest, his left arm was halfway on the floor, while the right one was atop his chest. He was also snoring really silently.

Skarlet chuckled: "My isn't he sweet. All of this just so I can sleep in his bed. I personally wouldn't mind if he would be sleeping next to me. Hihihihihi, I would prefer it, especially after what happened in the bath."

Skarlet went back into a relaxing sleep this time, while letting her fantasies go wild.