Chapter 22: A good sleep comes with it's price

Mikel's POV:

It has been quite a while since Mikel has last slept in his bed, thus he was a little disoriented when he woke up and was staring towards the living room, where he slept normally. "Holy Goldie! How did I end up here?", he was asking himself, until he slowly remembered what had happen yesterday.

"Skarlet recovered from her injuries,............. We went together to a shift,............ I was completely exhausted and ................ !!!!!", he then noticed a slight weight pressing against his back, while two arms were around his belly.

Mikel's head immediately started steaming and his face looked like he had burning fever, as red as it was. "Why did I have to agree to her offer? Now I'm sure that I won't be having a single silent day without her asking me to sleep with her....".

While trying his best to be as sneaky as possible, Mikel turned into a squid and carefully wiggled himself out of Skarlet's grip. *Flop* "Uff", he let out a small sigh as he landed on the floor.

"So, now that's done, let's see what time we have................WHAT?! It's already afternoon!", Mikel was quite shocked when he saw the clock, as he hadn't slept this long for the last few days.

Then he noticed something so suddenly, that brought a huge smile upon his face. "I had no nightmares tonight! Hahahahaha, I can't believe it I just had no freaking nightmares for once! This feels sooooo good."

While silently laughing to himself, Mikel looked over the sleeping Octoling on his bed. "Thanks Skarlet, I'm feeling like I could take on anything today." He looked at the nearly healed bruises on his hands. "And please don't scare me like that again.", then headed toward his wardrobe to pick some clothes and went into the kitchen.

"So, now that's done let's whip up something to eat. Grizzlo will be on a meeting with some investors, so I'll have a lot to do for tonight." Mikel then started to some pasta and cheese.

Skarlet's POV:

Skarlet's eyes slowly opened as she was laying on her side holding nothing but thin air. "Damn, and here I thought I finally got him. Well it would've been to good for a dream.", she sat up with a displeased look on her face, but then noticed that the part where her arms rested was still slightly warm. "Wait, so it wasn't just a dream? YES, I did it!" She rose her fist into the air while thinking about how she finally brought Mikel to sleep with her.

Skarlet then already thought of how she would seduce him before he would go to bed. "Next goal set, getting his splattershot ready for the next night!"

Then her nose got tingled by a strong, yet yummy smell. "Hmmmmmm, something smells really good around here.", she said and headed towards the kitchen where she saw Mikel at a steaming pan.

"Hihihi, let's have some fun, shall we?", she snickered to herself and sneaked behind Mikel. Mikel who was just humming a melody and completely focused on his cooking didn't notice the sneaky Octoling.

Then without any warning she jumped at him from behind, while shouting "Good morning" right into Mikel's ear, while hugging him from behind.

"GAH!? What the he?", he nearly threw the pan into the air as he jumped from her surprise. "Skarlet! Can't you see that I'm cooking?"

"Ooooh, can't you greet me a little nicer in the morning? You do know we've already slept together Hotstuff.", she said while licking her lips. Her hands moved downwards from his chest.

"That's the first thing you're talking about in the morning? And stop calling me Hotstuff!"

"Why not? It seems you've gotten some really well-deserved sleep after helping me to get at least a small part of my memories back." Skarlet then leaned closer towards Mikel "If you have nothing against it, I would really like to show you more of my gratitude.", she said with a seductive voice, while her hands were slowly rubbing the part where his splattershot was.