Five

Today was the day, the dance with the prince. Dianne was trying a sash around her grandmother's dress that was hanging on a mannequin. She was very excited that she was going to get to go herself.

"Thank you for making this...um...dress" her aunt says as she pushes dianne away just as dianne put the finishing touches onto the dress. Dianne just nods her head and heads to her room. She goes into her closet and pulls out a dress. Joe sent it to her and it was a beautiful bright red. Dianne puts it on and when she thinks her family left she walks out of her room and goes to the big mirror in the living room and froze when she saw both the twins and her aunt glaring at her.

"Where did you get that?" Her aunt asks.

"I made it...I'm going to the ball" Dianne lied and turns around to face her family.

"You are not going...you are not going and that's final!" Her aunt says as she points a finger at Dianne. As if on cue both the twins start tearing the dress apart. Taking off the sleeves. Leaving holes in the dress making it look like it was destroyed by a cat.

Dianne stood in shock as her family smirked evilly. Dianne looked down defeated. Her aunt and the twins put on masks because it was a masquerade ball.

"If we see you anywhere near the castle...you are going to be grounded till you die" her aunt says and leaves with Diannes twin cousins.

Dianne went to do her chores that her aunt wrote a whole list to do. The list was touching the floor. Correction, it was so long it could connect from one side of the football field to another.

Dianne was outside feeding the horses...she didnt take off the dress. She didnt see a point in taking it off since she was going to where the horses was. Just as she was brushing her horses mane, a bright light appeared and began to grow. Turning into a beautiful stunning lady.

"Dianne..." the lady called, dianne hides as best as she can and hesitantly pokes her head from behind the stable door.

"Who are you?" Dianne asks.

"I'm Ambar...your fairy godmother" Ambar says as as she smiles brightly. Dianne hesitantly moved from behind the stable door to reveal the damage that was made to the red dress she was wearing.

"I...didn't call...for you did i?" Dianne asks confused on who Ambar was and why she was here.

"I come when people need help...plus I was sent by someone special!" Ambar says and smiles walking around the stable looking at little things. Dianne was confused but watched Ambar.

"Who...who sent you?" Dianne asked. She kept asking question after question. Ambar smiles and holds her hand up.

"Let me work my magic." Ambar smirks and waves her wand. And points it at Dianne. The dress di was wearing turns into a beautiful and stunning dress she has ever seen. Dianne smiled at the dress and looked at Ambar. Ambar held up a mirror she summoned with magic. Dianne looked at herself seeing that she had a beautiful blue butterfly mask covering her face. Dianne was shocked by what she was wearing.

"Thank you" Dianne says softly.

"You're welcome dear...now there are a few rules that must be followed" Ambar says as she goes to one of the horses and using her magic makes the horse have the same color saddle, reins, and blanket as Diannes dress with the kingdoms logo on it.

"You're sent by joe!" Dianne finally realized. Ambar smirked but continued her words.

"The spell will wear off at midnight. I will handle all the chores, joe will not know it is you...not unless you want him to...joe does not know what you will be wearing. Even your red hair won't stand out to him." Ambar says and Dianne nods. The thought of her being able to dance with joe made her very happy. Even If he didn't recognize her.

Dianne smiles and goes to the horse and saddles up. She looks at Ambar.

"Will you be there?" Ambar just nods to diannes question and motioned for dianne to have fun. Dianne smiled and rode off to where the dance was held. Once she arrived she was helped by some of the guards and made her way inside.