-17-

A/N: Unedited Enjoy🖤

He stared at me for a moment and then guffawed. "What do you think?" He asked moving towards me. I smirked and watched him warily. "I think that ..." I paused unsure of how much to say or if to speak at all. I stared up at the ceiling in search of answers. "I think that I'm the toxic one, I think sometimes you and Xylo were dealt a shit hand with getting me for a partner and a mother." A fat teardrop plopped down onto my arm after rolling down from my face. I didn't  mean to cry I had just wanted to be strong but I never could hold my emotions in for too long. They always seemed to attack me when I leased expected it. "I'm broken Luxane ... I can feel it". I said whispering the last bit. "It's okay to be broken Astraea. You've been through a lot in your short life". His biceps held me in place against his large frame. I felt so safe and secured. Like the world could never defeat me with this man by my side. I just held onto him and sniffled for a bit before eventually letting go. He looked down at me with warmth in his steel eyes though his chiseled face remained hard.
To be loved by him was an out of world experience. The whole situation was mad. The fact that I was dating a drug lord and he is a drug lord.
"You know you used to be more fun when we first met", he said to me as I gathered my things. A cartel meeting had been arranged. We were going to fly to a nearby island. Xylo was going to stay with my parents for the hours that we would be gone.
I giggled amused.
"I was on one. I guess I just felt everything too deeply. My emotions were my driving force. I barely thought through my actions. I guess that's how I got seduced by a drug lord".
He laughed.
We drove to the helipad in silence. I was deep in thought trying to decide on whether I had made the right choice? Was there even a choice at all ? I couldn't live without him.
But it was different this time because he truly loved me.
We arrived and hopped out of the helicopter and went into an elevator. As the lift was coming up I took a moment to look at the waters surrounding the beautiful lush island. The whole setup was breath taking. We were on top of a glass building sky scraper. Luxan tugged at my hand after a moment. I went in with him. I was nervous to meet his cartel. It was like meeting your partners secret family for the first time.

We walked into a brightly lit room that was adorned in tasteful decor. The color scheme was grey and white. The floors were a beautiful white marble. Everything was pristine and immaculate the best that money could buy. "Lexington?" My eyebrows shot up as I saw my mother's best friend. She smiled coyly at me. "I'm glad that my you never suspected anything it means I am doing something right." She was sitting at the table filled with a lot of people some of them I recognized because they had high positions in society like the mayor and the Vice President. Others I had met in Seoul and when I had visited Luxanes hometown. The majority of them I did not Know. Deciding not to make a fool of myself and Luxane, I took a seat next to the head of the table where he sat. The warmth from earlier was gone almost as if it had never been there. He was the cold and calculating manipulative man I had met at the bar a few years back. "Thank you all for joining me here today." He said in greeting to his people. They all watched intently as he spoke. I stared straight ahead as he spoke. "I just wanted to briefly introduce to you my partner, Astraea." I nodded and kept my poker face on. Out of the corner of my eye I watched a look of loss and sorrow pass over chlamydias face. This was the final nail in the coffin of her past relationship.
"We need to bail out Nastasia and have her disappear. She can't go to trial" said Felipe bringing my attention back to the meeting. A tall platinum blonde haired girl with mahogany skin walked around the table giving everyone files as Felipe spoke.
Her face was expressionless until she got to me. She seemed shocked but then she collected herself and retrained her face to be cold and expressionless. I looked down at the document. It was the agenda for the meeting. The details of Nastasias arrest were in there. I wanted to ask Luxane questions about her to see if I could assist them in getting her out but I didn't want everyone to know that I was clueless about the organization. So I waited.
The meeting went on for a while. Profits had risen by 5% which was apparently a huge del judging by the smiles of the people around the table. As Luxane was about to dismiss everyone I cleared my throat drawing everyone's eyes to myself. "I am honored to be joining the organization. I will work towards being an asset to you all." Then I turned to Luxane and smiled. "Thank you for letting me into your world". I said smiling. A glint of that earlier warmth surfaced. I understood that he couldn't show any weakness or emotion in front of his people because they would most likely challenge him. There were some hard looking people here.