Epilogue

A/N: My baby an extension of my soul, Astraea, is finally complete. It's been over a year and its been amazing writing this story. I have gone through so much and experienced so much and given so much to this book. At this point i prioritised finishing my book over my school assignments. Final year law is a lot but we move. Thank you all for embarking on this journey with me. Shoutout to @6danteeDAJO thank you for your kind words and for inspiring me to finish this book. 

As always Ejoy 🤍

I woke up and Xylo wasn't with me I was about to panic before I saw Luxane sprawled on a sofa. He looked tired and bruised. I smiled knowing that I was finally safe, as long as he was close by I would always be okay. I sat up whingeing in pain recalling my bullet wounds. He looked so at peace but uncomfortable, I threw the box of tissues that was beside my bed at him and watched him jump up startled and pull out his gun. I had thought that he would just cuss at me but his reaction had me laughing to the point of tears. He rolled his eyes, "You are an idiot Astraea, "he said with a warm smile forming on his lips. 

My laughter filled the quiet serene room. He then walked towards me and sat on the edge of the bed. "Hold me", I said to him desperately when the images from the nightmare I had narrowly survived started filtering into my mind. The sob that rose from my chest held the anguish I had felt when I wasn't sure whether or not he was alive or not. He held me and soothed my back. I was so grateful for this moment, I couldn't fathom being in this world without him. "You are safe", he said continuously. I clutched onto him and didn't let go even as I felt the dampness of his t-shirt from my tears. When I had finally run out of tears and dry heaving I looked up at him and was about to kiss him until I remembered the snot that was all over my face. 

"Bet you feel like an idiot for throwing the tissue box across the room, "he said teasingly. I laughed and then wiped my nose on his shirt. He seemed bewildered for a moment and then he laughed and called me gross. The doctor came in and did vitals check and then allowed Luxane to take me to his bedroom. "How long have I been out for? "I asked. I did not smell fresh at all. My body had been wiped but I needed a hot shower. "A week", he responded without looking down at me. I was cradled in his arms. Panic began to creep back into me but I decided not to ruin all that I had to be grateful for. "What happened why were we attacked? And why the fuck were they trying to kill Xy and I?"

"It was some covert operation. They found the house because they were tailing Felipe. There was a rat in the organization but it has been handled. I know Felipe doesn't mind being close to the front lines but I think he needs to step back a bit. There is too much heat on him. I am just grateful that they don't know your identities." It was a lot of information to take in that I found myself stunned into silence. "Don't worry we are safe. The mole barely got anything. It was a chance encounter that allowed them to discover the mansion. Its gone and we removed any pictures taken by the satellites and erased as much of our footprints as possible. They will never come after us again.""

"Okay, "I said mulling everything over. We got into the bathroom and then he stripped and then helped me to do the same especially with the cast that was on my leg. My body was bruised but healing. He looked guilty. "Hey, I am alive. These scratches are exactly that. In a month they will be gone." I smiled at him.

We bathed and then went to see Xylo after the bath. I was seated on one of the sofas when Luxane walked in and sat with Xylo and I. We were reading one of those picture books whilst she was snacking on some strawberries. He whispered into her ear and then she nodded and got up. "Coming back." She said to me and then ran out the room. "Where is she going? "I asked to him. He shrugged with a smirk colouring his face. She returned and then got down on her knees in front of me. "Get up baby its cold", I chastised her. She frowned at me and shook her head and then pulled a small box behind her. "Daddy said will you mawwy me. I wuv you aways." I looked at Luxane who was grinning beside me. He picked her up and placed her on his lap. "You are my life partner Astraea there is nobody for me besides you. You accept me in my entirety. I want to spend the rest of my days with you."

"You fucking idiot", I gushed taking the gorgeous halo diamond ring out of the box. "May I?" Luxane then took the ring and placed it on my finger. I laughed. "I didn't say yes though". His eyes went wild for a moment and then he laughed and said, "As if you have a choice, you are stuck with us. Isn't that right Xylo? He asked looking down at our daughter. "Yeah", she said pushing the iPad that had been on my lap onto the floor and hugging me. It was a beautiful moment.

I was his and he was mine.

                                                                                                 -Fin-

P.S: Him & I is an actual book i am currently working on. 💫