-20B-

Enjoy 🤍

Luxane's P.O.V

Carlos had called me and informed me the feds were on their way to my house. Panic struck me. Xylo and Astraea were there, I needed to get there immediately. I called my pilots Marcus and Xerxes to be on standby. Marcus was at the mansion, and Xerxes was at my airfield with the jet on standby so that the trip would take only 2 or 3 hours. I contacted the network and informed them about the breach and that all business operations should halt until we figured out what had caused this. Dialling Astraea's number, I took my secret elevator that took me directly to the parking lot. I jumped into the awaiting Porsche SUV in the middle.

There were 5 of them, they all veered into different directions but we would all meet up at the mansion. She wasn't answering and that had my me on edge. I had Felipe inform everyone at the house to be on alert. Nothing could have prepared me for the mess that awaited me at the mansion. The gate had been blasted down by what seemed like an RPG by looking at the damage. The home was in smoke and fire there was a fleet of force vehicles that littered my lawns. I wanted to rush into the house and save Astraea. Out of nowhere I saw a grenade fly towards us. Had I been at the wheel, we would've been dead because I had been frozen in place and was trying to let my panic subside so that I could think clearly. A spray of bullets, started scattering over the car. "Shit", I cussed as Felipe reversed the car backwards and then hauled me out in a manner of seconds, the car exploded as we rolled out.

They had been given a kill order. I was grateful that my lieutenants had showed up." I need to get in there right now", I yelled. "Marcus has her sir", Lionel stated as Felipe and I entered his vehicle that had stopped outside the gate. "He sent a message on the burner as in accordance to the protocol, we can't reach them but he said the heiress is with them." I breathed out a sigh of relief and told him to go. The house staff should have been okay as well. I wiped the blood that came from a head wound I had gotten when we rolled out of the moving vehicle earlier on. My arm also felt dislocated. Now that I knew my family was safe, I could act as the drug lord that these assholes were after.

"Felipe, pop my shoulder back into place its dislocated," I ordered. He did as instructed and I hissed at the feel of the pain. I moved my arm around and once I was satisfied that It was okay I reached out to everyone and gave them instructions on what to do next and that I would be away for a month. Nobody could link me to the company or even notice that I was away because only a few people knew my real position. I never chaired meetings or was involved in any of the frontline activities of the business. The houses were all owned by shell corporations I don't know how they were able to link my illegal business to it but I couldn't afford to ponder about this to deeply. We got to the airfield and left before any of the feds had managed to track us there.

Three and a half hours later arrived at the airfield in France and were driven to the alps where the penthouse was located, which took another hour. I called in the doctor and asked him to be on standby for when Astraea arrived. I cleaned up and then got Carlos on facetime. "How", I snarled when he answered. He knew that my question was directed at how the feds had known to come to my house." "The operation was kept very low-key sir, I was only made aware after they had left. They just had the debrief just now and they are saying that only a few of the house staff got away. They think Marcus is the boss, they managed to get a snap of him." "Fuck", I yelled exasperated. "Sir, they are also aware that there is a woman and child but they are unaware of their identities." For a moment my heart had stopped beating. "Anything else?" I snapped. He paused for a moment, "I will send the report we have been given to you", he hesitated again. "SPIT. IT OUT", I growled. My patience had run out a long time ago. He sighed. "They said that the woman had been shot and that they are running a search on all the hospitals for a woman who fits her body profile. They didn't get a clear shot." I nodded. I was so frustrated at the turn of events. Astraea and Xylo were they okay?