A cold warm day

[Next morning. No ones p.o.v]
As Tom wakes up half an hour earlier than he should of, the Brit decides not to try to fall asleep again and begin this morning early. As the eyeless male takes the blanket of himself and sits on his bed, feet on the carpeted floor, he notices the guitar Commie gave him yesterday. He smiles. It was a gesture to kind from his enemy, that Thomas sill couldn't wrap his head around. But despite that he still liked the new guitar. He didn't really knew where Susan was at this point. He just wished it didn't have the unremovable red army's symbol on it. But Tom also couldn't deny the fact that the instrument was an incredible invention, converting the playing music into beautiful lights. After admiring the gift Tom stood up and started to get ready.

Just few feet down the hallway, in another bedroom, one mighty leader couldn't quite sleep as well. The song that Thomas played yesterday was still in Tord's head. Playing over and over. Was it just a random song? Or was Tom trying to say something? The Brit always played the music to express himself back in the teen years.

After that incident yesterday, he only saw Tom in the cafeteria at dinner time. The soon to be bodyguard was sitting with Patryk on a separate table, while Paul kept the Red Leader company. Tord decided to leave him be for the day. Of course Pau protested, saying he shouldn't give him special care, and commie just told him to fuck off because he already had enough on his mind, so the loyal soldier just reminded Tord that he wanted the best for him and problems came from having Thomas around. Tord didn't let Paul's word affect his day, he did make and give Tom the guitar. It was a somewhat accomplishment.

Tord was feeling determined this morning for some reason. Who knows, maybe he will win the war today with this overfilling wish for productivity and determination. Tord laughs slightly to himself as he starts to get ready.

[Tom's p.o.v]
As I got ready and got out of my bedroom I realised how fricking cold it was. It was a September in London, but c'mon. I couldn't wear my blue hoodie under the coat, because it was against the rules, plus it might be just too soon to try and pry Tord to let me wear it. I started thinking of something I could do and suddenly remembered the long, black jacket in my first bedroom's dresser. A jacket on a coat? Why not? The coat is thin and the Jacket somewhat reminds of a coat. I wonder if it's still there. I do down the stairs and head for the sleeping quarters, hoping no one notices and questions me. To my unluckiness, Marco was up. Could of been worse. "Hi, some why haven't seen you around much. Why are you up so early?". For some reason it sounded like he didn't knew I changed rooms. Does anyone form the other soldiers know then? They had to notice by now. Maybe they are just too busy with their work. I decide to play it neutral "Couldn't sleep and I just forgot something in my room" I say, wondering what he will answer. "Oh, then go and get it. I am heading to the cafeteria to chat with a friend while I can and then straight to work. I nod and we part our ways as I head for the one person bedroom.

The door in unlocked so I enter inside. Opening the dresser I see the coat still laying untouched where I last saw it. I put it on and realise that it indeed is Tord's jacket coat, also that Tord always been and is, indeed, taller than me. Not by a lot, but doesn't take a lot to notice it. I closed the door heading out. Now it's less cold and more warmer. I wonder if Commie will recognise this old thing, the are a lot of black coats after all. If I get in trouble for violating the dress code so be it, it's fricking cold. I decide to head and see if I can already get some food, if not, I'll just sit and wait. Today's weather is not setting a mood for me to work.

[Tord's p.o.v]
Heading out the door I realise the sudden drop in temperature. No matter the weather outside, inside the base should be somewhat warm because of the heaters. Are they broke or something? I'll need to check it out, but first- breakfast. It is early and not even the time for soldiers to wake up yet, but the cooks should be up and ready by now. They always have to get up earlier to prepare the food, understandably. The way to the cafeteria is calm, because there is barely any soldiers in sight. Only the ones from the night shift. As I head in through the open doors I see all the cooks working, but one. He is talking to another soldier who I think is the head of the documents department. 'Pathetic lazy ass' I think to myself, "go make yourself useful and go back to work before you get a bullet in your knee, soldiers". They turn to me faster than the speed of light and salute with a 'yes Red Leader sir' while shaking in fear. God that awesome feeling of making people fear me never gets old. As I turn to the tables I notice Thomas who was the only one there. He was wearing a black coat. I approach the Brit and sit down in front of him, "Good morning Leader, are you going to shout at me as well for not working?" Tom starts the conversation, his gaze watching the cooks work, while my eyes are still on him. "Nah. Why are you up so early?" I ask still trying to examine the coat and wrap my head around where he got it, "Couldn't sleep, you?" He answers, his calm look still not meeting mine, "Same... say... why are you wearing my coat and were did you manage to get it?". Jehovah's void eyes now widen, then he chuckles "thought you wouldn't recognise it. It's cold so I decided to put it on. I found it in the one person bedroom at the very back of the sleeping quarters. It's where I slept on the first day.", now I am the one giggling. Tom looks at me with one eyebrow raised. "That was my bedroom, when I joined the army, before I moved to the present bedroom. I loved that I didn't need to share a room.". Thomas humed in response and looked away again, "Guess you'll make me take it off now as it 'violates the rules' or you will punish me by shooting me in the knee?". I think for a brief moment, "It's fine for now, keep it. Something is wrong with the heating today". Even if Jehovah's witnesses was trying to hide it, I could see a small smile appear on his face. There is a comfortable silence for a minute before I break it "so are you gonna keep staring and drooling at the food or are you gonna go get some?" He crosses his hands on the table and lays his chin down, "they are not serving yet, said everyone has to wake up first and that's still 15 minutes away". I stand up and smirk "well that's no problem for the Leader. Let's go", I say and start walking, the eyeless male soon following after. I tell Thomas to pick out what he wants and walk over to the head chef. "Good morning, Red leader sir" I earn a salute with a smile from a red head named Christopher, "How can I help you today, sir?" He asks me politely. Chris was a calm, kind, sunny person. Even if he works for the army, he never tasted the horror of the war or a battlefield. He made me miss Edd at time, by reminding me of him so much, because of his personality. But I can not show favorites, I already made that mistake with my small boy, Ace. Now because of it some people think I have the capability to be soft, running my reputation, but also because of me, Ace doesn't really have people, besides me and Pat, to talk to. "Good morning to you to Christopher. I order you to serve Thomas Thompson, whenever he wishes, early morning or late night" I say looking at the direction of Tom who is talking to one of the servers. The red head just nods, smiles and salutes me with a 'yes sir'.