e l e v e n

MINHO

please answer. please.
"hel- minho?" i shot my head up. she could probably see my tears and red eyes.
"y-yooma.." i stutter from the extent of crying, running from one place to another.
"o-oh uhm come in." she wraps an arm around me leading us to the couch.
"ill make you some hot cocoa," immediately making her way to the kitchen.

meanwhile i moved my hands onto my head, legs shaking once i tried to process the information i was given moments ago.

"and, i gave someone else a chance." i pull back from her.

"who?"

"yugyeom."

i groan again, weakly. then i hear footsteps slowly coming to me. the smell of hot cocoa came right in front of me, carefully i grab it taking a sip.
"care to tell me what happened and why you're here?" i breathe out a painful laugh.
"i was here because i don't know who else to come too. plus i thought your sister would be here.." i mumbles out the last sentence but it was loud enough for her to hear.
"ah, yaeri went to pick up a few groceries for our late dinner." emphasizing the 'dinner' part.
"its nearly ten and you're having dinner now?" she nods, the both of them letting out a laugh.
"is it okay if i can stay over for dinner?"
"sure!" a huge smile was plastered on her face making me smile too.

———

YAERI

"im home with the groceries yooma!" i yell. roughly bringing the bags of food on the counter. but a hand helped bring these heavy items up, i look up.
"hey.." he says calmly. i wanted to yell, scream, slap him but something stopped me. my heart.
i still love him, right?

"hi.." i whisper.
"yaeri, can we talk? privately?" i shivered at his words. i nodded.

——

"it's about us." i felt my heart stop for a second.
"i may have fallen out of love but im willing to try again with you, with real feelings this time." he held my hands and i could just feel the tears rising.
"a-are you for real?!" i was near squeals of happiness. stuttering from trying to stop the tears forming.
"yes, yaeri. im for real." the next thing i knew he grabbed my face and kissed me.

i could feel the true love we were missing. our lips moved gently along one another. his hands moved down from my cheeks to around my waist. i latched my arms around his neck to deepen it. i smiled within it.

we both pulled away, yet not too far as our foreheads touched so we could meet eyes with each other. i chuckle and dump my head into his chest. his hand gently brushes against the strands, calming me down.

"thank you," i say.
"no, thank you."

———

FLASHBACK - HYEJIN

"i have to go chan."
"i- wai-" i ran off towards the front anticipating for my brother to pick me up. my eyes scanned the area until i met with a friend i havent seen in so long. yugyeom. i remember having a big crush on him back then. its been 6 years since we last encountered and my feelings sorta faded. sorta.

hes grown. hes taller and more masculine you could say. his looks for sure has glowed up. with him leaning against the hood of the car just made him more attractive. i could hear a bunch of girls babbling about him. once he caught me staring he waved me over. i flush a bright pink, jogging towards him.

"what are you doing here?"
"came to see you after so long, is that wrong?" he gets up.
"n-no not at all! i missed you gyeomie!" he chukles, and i suddenly feel his slender arms wrap me up.
i was shocked but never hesitated to hug him back.
"i missed you too, and its been awhile since i heard that coming from you." i chuckle as we pulled away from the embrace.
"im sorry if we sorta lost contact, fathers business wasn't easy to run when i had to take over, before i could do abroad activities."
"so you're visiting?" i sorta slouch at the thought.
"no silly, im staying here now. so i can see you everyday." he smiles brightly. my once frowns being flipped into a grin.

"how about school?"
"already finished 3 years ago! gyeomie has a smart brain you know?" by now we were in his car and continuing our conversation. i click in my seatbelt, him doing the same.
"yeah, yeah."
"anyways! jinnie have you found anyone to love~? or any boy crushes?" he teasingly said. minho.
"no." yes. but i forgot about him completely, my mind was all on yugyeom.

"really? well carrying on." he moved on from the topic ever so quickly.
"lets stop by at the park and catch more things up!"
"sure." i say. and so he drove off to a nearby park.

——

NO ONES POV

"so you like, have no feelings for anyone at all?"
she nods turning towards the tall boy.
"then i can do this."
immediately he smashed his lips on hers. wrapping his arms around her once again. she quickly returned the favour, their lips moving in a synchronized motion. passionate. you could say.

he pulls back, long arms still around her. she blushes thinking of what had just happened.
he lifts a hand up to slowly graze against her flushed cheek(s).
"you're cute when you blush."
"oh my gosh, stop it gyeom!" she slaps his chest gently.
"so, can you be my girlfriend hyejin?"
"i would love too."

"i would love too."