Closer

- Azriel - 

He was devastated. As soon as Y/N whispered those words, complete shock surrounded her features and she ran off. He hated himself for telling her. He should have just kept his mouth shut when he could. He was flying away from the townhouse, ready to leave Velaris for some alone time when he heard Rhys shout from behind him. "Az! Az wait up!" "What?" "Where are you going?" "I dunno." "Why are you leaving? Stay! We need you Az!" "No, I need some time to think." "But Az!" "NO!" 

- Rhys - 

The glittering fury in Az's eyes was like nothing he had seen before. He reached out to grab Az's arm but was blasted away with a wall of black shadow. Then he looked. Az's siphons were gone. "Az! Your siphons!" "I know." "But Az, you could-" Az's siphons then reappeared. "Cool trick huh?" He said, and then he winnowed away. 

- Azriel - 

He was mad at himself now for hurting Rhys. So much for loyalty. Azriel continued flying, the wind rushing past his face calming him as he went. The siphon trick was easy. Just put shadows over the siphons. The trick provided every bit of distraction he needed.

- Y/N - 

Y/N could feel his sorrow through the bond. Y/N knew he was trying to muffle it though, as it came out fuzzy and blurred. Y/N was a coward. A big coward. He had tried to explain the bond nicely, but it was just too much. She had run, when she should have stayed. She should have stayed and told him she loved him too, and that she was glad he was her mate. 

Instead, she had run out, flown home, and then cried tears of sorrow and happiness into the sheets. When Azriel arrived back at the townhouse, she was still crying. And she noticed when he opened her door, slipped a note on to the floor, and left.

She was reading the letter now. 'Y/N, I'm sorry. I'm leaving for somewhere. If you need me, just yell. Don't tell anyone where I am. Thank you Y/N, Azriel.' Her heart felt like it was shattering into a million pieces. She tried to peer into the murky black of the bond. Suddenly she felt a tug on her middle, like a string tied to one of her ribs. She felt it again and decided to follow the tug. 

She opened the window, leapt out, and was soon flying high above Velaris, still in her nightclothes. (She probably looked like this except e/c, h/c and skin probably different.)

Y/N soared for half an hour, the string always tugging, always following the pull

Y/N soared for half an hour, the string always tugging, always following the pull. Then Y/N reached a cave. She landed outside and slowly tiptoed in, the last tendrils of the morning sun dissipating as Y/N went ever further into the inky aura washing over the walls of the cave. 

Azriel was there. She could sense him. "Azriel?" She called, "Az?" She felt a pulse of power in response from a nearby tunnel. "Az-" She couldn't see him... "Azriel?" She called as she felt a figure approaching from behind. A hand clamped over her mouth. "Az! Az-" She was silenced as she smelt a sickly sweet scent creeping into her lungs. "Azriel!" She screamed through the bond, just as the last of her strength faded away.

- Azriel - 

He felt her. She was coming. He felt her fly for half an hour. To get to him. He was tempted to just winnow her to him, but he didn't know what to say. Then he felt her enter the cave. But when she called his name, he was about to respond when a pulse of power emanated from the tunnel adjoining his one. He called to her but she didn't hear him. 

He flew into that tunnel, desperate to help her, but she was gone. Then he heard her cry out. "Azriel!" he flew towards the sound of her voice but she was gone. Her plum and cherry scent still lingered, but it was tainted with the smell of... No. Devlon had been here. And he was going to hunt him down.