Paralysed

- Y/N - 

Y/N woke up back in the townhouse. The last thing Y/N remembered was seeing dim lights, and feeling pain. So much pain. She peered down at herself. She was in fresh nightclothes, but her legs... They were covered in red scrapes and Y/N had slash marks all over her waist. Then Y/N remembered. Azriel! Had he come? 

Then Rhys came into the room. He had been crying, and still looked shaken up. "Y/N." "Yes?" "It's Az." "What's wrong?" Y/N hurriedly sat up, ignoring the pain washing through her core. "He's not waking up." "What happened!?" "It was Devlon. He was dragging you down the tunnel when Az found him. They fought and... Devlon escaped, but not before seriously hurting Az. Madja says he's in a coma." Y/N was too shocked to respond. 

Y/N reached in her mind for Azriel, but she was met with nothing on the other end. Y/N was instantly out of bed, her wings ripping through the soft material at the back, and she half ran, half flew to Azriel's room. She burst in, and nearly burst into tears at the sight of Azriel. The sheets were clean, but he wasn't. His shadows were in the corners of the room, watching. Then Y/N did burst into tears as she saw a long slit along Az's chest. It was bandaged, but still bleeding. Y/N ran into the room and knelt by the bed, and laid her head on his chest and cried. 

She cried all day, everyone steering clear of Az's room, except for Madja, who just worked while Y/N was in there. When night came, Y/N noticed a shadow knocking at her mental shields in a request. "Az?" She said to the shadow, as she let her walls down. "I'm sorry." She heard him whisper. "Az! You're okay!" "I can't move! Y/N, what happened to me?" Y/N opened her eyes and looked down at Azriel and saw his chest. "Devlon hurt you badly."

Y/N could sense Az's sadness and worry. "Az! I'm sorry! I love you, and I'm sorry that I walked away. I was scared and not sure what to do, but now I see. Now I see you, Az, and I know that I have always loved you from the moment I first met you." A muffled sob came from the bed, and she realized it was her. Then Azriel shifted, and Madja ran from where she was standing. "Y/N! He's nearly awake! He will be feeling so much pain when he wakes up, he's going to lose consciousness." Y/N reached again through the bond.

Madja then left the room, saying she would be back tomorrow to check on him. "Az, you're going to black out when you wake up." "Can I still talk to you?" "Of course." "Also, Y/N, I love you too!" And with that, Azriel opened his eyes. He took one look at Y/N and pulled her close. "Are you sure?" he whispered. "More than anything," Y/N whispered back to him. Then he closed his eyes and pulled Y/N even closer. His scent was comforting, and the slightest touch made Y/N's whole body tingle. Then Az lost consciousness, and Y/N slept in his arms.  

- Time skip - 

- Azriel - 

When he woke up, even the shadows were scared. He hadn't been hurt like this since his brothers... No. He tried not to think about the past. It just pushed him further away from the shore, into solitude. His chest ached, a constant reminder of what he had done to protect Y/N. What he truly would sacrifice.

And with Y/N curled against him as he woke up, he remembered the past hour's events. His mate. And she had accepted the bond. He drifted off to sleep again.