Mating?

- Azriel - 

He paced the halls of the townhouse, frantically thinking of what to tell Rhys. That he'd felt a shadowsong? No. He couldn't. Not when Rhys had no idea what they were. Rhys then appeared around the corner. "Azriel?" Azriel turned to face him. "Rhy-" "Not necessary, I already know. "How?" "I watched the whole thing unfold. I originally came to tell you your shift on patrol had finished an hour ago, but that whole fiasco started so I came back here." "Right." 

- Y/N - 

When Y/N woke up, Azriel was sitting on the chair again. He looked kind of worried, and anxious. "You can get out of bed now," he said. Y/N pushed herself up and stood up. She immediately tilted left and swayed, clutching her chest. "Azriel... I don't feel-" She didn't have the time to finish her sentence, as a burning pain rose to the surface of her right leg. She fell over onto the bed as Azriel moved to pick her up. She tilted her leg up to see what was happening. Azriel's shadows curled around it. A sheen of sweat appeared on his forehead. The room started to shake, and the lights started to flicker. Blinding pain seized control and the edges of Y/N's vision turned white. "I can't control them!" Azriel shouted, over the rocking and crashing. He dove for cover underneath the bed as one of the lights crashed down.

The shadows continued to circle Y/N's leg, and then suddenly dove right in. Azriel gasped in pain as the shadows met Y/N's flesh. Y/N screamed as another light crashed down and sent the bed on fire. Azriel shoved her out, then crawled out himself. "Rhys! Cass!" He shouted, then doubled over again as the shadows dove into Y/N's flesh. Then they started to weave, creating inky black lines underneath Y/N's flesh. Then suddenly it was over. The bed stopped shaking, and the world stopped flashing. But the black lines on Y/N's leg and the pain on Azriel's face remained.

- Azriel - 

He couldn't believe it. She'd been chosen. A small part of him was angry with himself for not trying harder to restrain the shadows, but the rest of him knew that he couldn't have. He was on the verge of blacking out even now, three weeks afterwards. He had been completely power drained, and Cass even let him out of training. For one day.

Another shadow singer. In the same room. He still couldn't believe Y/N had been chosen so quickly. But it wasn't his problem. He couldn't resist looking at her for some reason... Her long, slender thighs, towering up to the soft, inviting curves of her waist, and her large, generous chest. He shook his head. No, he couldn't. He didn't deserve her, he reminded himself. You don't deserve anyone at all.

Thank you so much for any votes so far! Please comment on how I'm doing, I love feedback! Thanks, ❤️ Azriel.