Ch. 11- Starfire

Ch. 11- Starfire

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hiccup's P.O.V

*******

Like always, Toothless woke me up early to go on a morning flight. Although, something felt... different about today. Like something was going to happen. Boy, was that feeling correct.

While Toothless and I were out flying, I spotted a black figure far ahead of us. Curious, I guided Toothless towards it. Much to my surprise, IT WAS A NIGHT FURY! I noticed a rider on it. I needed to speak with the rider!

"HEY!" I called out. The rider turned and saw me, I didn't recognize her. Did she live on Berk? I didn't think so. She then said something I didn't hear, and her night fury started speeding off. "HEY! Faster, Toothless. WAIT UP!!!" Slowly, we started catching up with them.

"Faster, Vi," I barely heard the girl. "We can beat them! I know we can!" The night fury went faster and went straight into a cave.

That game, eh, I asked myself. We hovered outside the cave a few seconds. "You know what to do, bud," I told Toothless. He nodded and roared into the cave, using the sound to track the girl and her dragon. "Hello!" I called out when Toothless landed. I hoped off him and went to see the dark rock he was nudging. Wait- not a rock; a night fury. The night fury had it's wings wrapped around the girl.

"S- stay back," the girl stuttered, frightened. She was probably worried about me and Toothless. Not many Vikings are friendly with dragons.

"Shh. Shh," I said softly, trying to get the girl to come out. "We won't hurt you. Just come out."

"W- we?" she asked, making a small peek hole through her dragon's wings. Yes! I'm getting somewhere! There's something special about this girl, other than the night fury. I can feel it. Her dragon growled.

"Toothless- my night fury- and I," I smiled, seeing her green eyes. They looked just like mine. "Come out. I won't hurt you. Neither will Toothless. I don't hurt dragons."

The girl pushed her dragon's wings apart, but her dragon jumped so it was in between us and growled at me. The dragon was protective of it's rider. In response, Toothless jumped in front of me and growled back. Then they stopped growling and licked each other. Did they know each other?

"Violet," the girl said, slightly amused, "Do you know this dragon?" Violet, the other night fury, and Toothless both nodded. I laughed at them. "Are you friends?" Another nod yes.

I laughed. "Hey bud, you got yourself a friend?" I joked, patting his head. The girl took a step back before looking at Violet and then us. Violet was closer to us than her; she probably wanted it the opposite way. "Shh," I said softly, "I won't hurt you. Relax, girl." Why did I just call her girl? Girl! I need her name.

She said something I didn't catch.

"What?"

"Name," she demanded, barely loud enough for me to hear.

"The name's Hiccup, and this is my best friend, Toothless. What's yours?" A look of something I didn't recognize crossed her face when I said my name.

"S-" she started, then looked like she was deciding to tell me her name or not. She nodded yes before turning her attention back towards me. "Starfire."

Starfire!

Could it be?

She continued, "And Violet, here, is my only and best friend."

Starfire!

I was in shock.

I laughed, trying to hide it, "Something we have in common."