Chapter 8

Previously on I Give You My Heart, Becky poured her heart out to Colby and she didn't realize that she had been talking for close to 3 hrs and she got a phone call from ADA Peter Stone in New York she answered and put it on speaker.

Back to the present

Stone: Ms. Quin, this ADA Peter Stone. How are you?

Becky: I am good, thank you. What's going on?

Stone: I have some news regarding Mr. Luke Sanders.

Becky: What about him.

Stone: Luke Sanders is dead, he committed suicide and the cause of death was hanging.

Becky: Ok, thank you.

Stone: That's not all. Luke's family is suing you for false allegations and slander and defamation of character.

Colby: What but she didn't make this up. Can Ashley testify as well as myself?

Stone: Mr. Lopez I didn't realize- nevermind, yes, you and Ashley can testify.

Colby: Good we will be in New York tomorrow.

Stone: I will see you and Ashley tomorrow afternoon at SVU because Benson was the arresting detective she will testify in you favor.

Becky: Thank You, Mr. Stone.

Stone: No problem. Bye bye.

Becky: Bye.

Becky just covered her face crying. She thought everything with Luke and the trial was over once he was convicted and sentenced but now his family is just making things worse for her.

Colby: Baby, it's ok. You got me, Ashley, and Benson testifying for you. Don't worry they won't win this. Once they hear what Luke did to you they will leave you alone.

Becky: I hope so. I just want to move on with my life and be with you. I don't know why they are doing this but I hope they will know that Luke was a monster and psychopath who nearly killed me.

The next night.

Colby and Becky were getting ready for Raw then they were on their way to Maui of course only Colby knew of the vacation destination and why it was planned. Becky abided by her punishment and stayed off Raw though everyone was glaring at Vince and giving him nasty looks. Becky kept her focus on the screen watching Colby deliver his promo dragging everyone on the roster for last night's performance against Smackdown and NXT. She agreed with everything that was said and she knew the roster as a whole dropped the ball and they took NXT too lightly. She felt her blood boil when everyone walked away and turned their backs on him, everyone but Kevin. Kevin grabbed a mic went to say something but instead stunned Colby out of no where, a cheap shot. Becky nearly ran out there to check on him but someone grabbed her arm it was Hunter.

Hunter: Becky, he is ok. I will deal with Vince and creative later but he has a match with Kevin later tonight.

Becky: Main Event?

Hunter: Main Event.

Becky: Good, now deal with Vince please. Its bad enough fans are turning on me at the point in my reign as champion is going to be longer than anyone else's in history, but I don't need him nor myself being blamed or being noted as the sole reasons why Raw lost.

Hunter: Don't worry I will deal with him. Go find Colby he is probably looking for you.

She hugged him and then took off for the locker room.

Becky: Hey.

Colby: Hey, baby. What's up.

Becky: I am just so ready to get this lawsuit over with so we can go on vacation in peace.