(002.) QUESTIONABLE TEAMWORK

(   ACT I  ━━━  " SEASON ONE "   )CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO.
QUESTIONABLE TEAMWORK

       ISADORA PATCH HAD BEEN AWAKE FOR APPROXIMATELY TWENTY-NINE HOURS.

Almost thirty, by the time they walked through the doors of Meritech Prosthetics, at around ten in the morning. And yet, with two cups of coffee and a bag of gummy worms for energy, she was doing alright.

Five had shown her the prosthetic eye he'd found at the scene of the apocalypse——though he'd been annoyingly vague on many of the details. He had it in his head that whoever owned the eye must have caused the doomsday event; therefore, if they found out who it belonged to, the problem was solved.

They were definitely an unlikely, rather questionable team to prevent the end of the world, but the pair actually got on quite well. That is, if you didn't count for the fact that they found something new to bicker about every thirty-seven seconds.

"You really could've worn nicer clothes, you know," Five said as they stepped inside the elevator, reaching out and pressing the button for their floor.

Make that thirty-two seconds.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Isadora hissed, rolling her eyes, "I didn't plan on being held hostage today." Arms crossed, she paused while the elevator doors shut, tapping her foot against the floor as they began to rise. "I have a life, you know! If the world is really ending, I have to set my plans in motion! I have to examine my basement, check on my food and water stocks—"

"Trust me, Patch," the boy interrupted with a flat voice, "no matter what you do, you won't survive what's coming unless we stop it."

"Yeah, see, I just feel like that's a lot of pressure to be putting on the girl you kidnapped."