(004.) BE WARY OF LURKERS IN MYSTERIOUS VANS

(   ACT I  ━━━  " SEASON ONE "   )CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR.
BE WARY OF LURKERS IN MYSTERIOUS VANS

       "YOU REALLY HATE THE EASY WAY, HUH?"

Isadora grumbled lightly as she shrugged carefully into her flannel, reaching up with one arm to straighten her braids.

——how strange to get help
styling one's hair from an
assassin

With a sigh, Five rolled his eyes, putting on his own blazer. "We've been over this, Patch" he said, voice flat, picking Dolores up from her place in the chair, "the easy way never works."

The girl's face twisted, and she walked over to peer out the bedroom window. Pressing her face against the glass, she peered out at the fire escape they would be climbing down. "Yeah, you say that, but last time I got punched in the face, so forgive me for not trusting your methods."

Moving away from the window, Isadora picked up the bottle of Advil and stuffed it into her backpack, zipping it shut. She'd taken two more pills since they'd woken up, fifteen minutes ago, but she would definitely not be able to last the day with a bullet hole in her arm without some kind of pain meds.

"If we leave this room, we'll have to talk to my family, Valerie," Five continued; he began to ease Dolores into his rucksack as he spoke, "which I don't feel at all inclined to do." The boy paused, and took a deep breath as he stilled for a long moment. "They... don't understand."

Isadora hung her backpack over her right shoulder, gripping the strap as she turned to Five. She watched as he zipped up the rucksack, covering Dolores' painted face, and she smirked.

"Why are you putting your girlfriend in a bag? Doesn't seem like a very loving thing to do."

"I do not require your advice on my relationship."